Friday 26 February 2010

Animal Kingdom and Bibbidi Bobbidi Hair Boutique 2/17










I have to mention that I purchased an awesome Disney guide by Birmbaum. I highly recommend doing this before making any concrete Disney plans. I lived by this book and followed every thing it told us to do. I, unfortunately left this book in a restaurant on Friday.

On Wed. morning I took Eden to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Hair Boutique in Downtown Disney. Kyle took the other three kids to Animal Kingdom where Eden and I caught up with them after lunch. The whole reason I was blessed with girls was for moments like this. At the boutique girls get a "princess makeover". Eden got her hair, make-up and nails done by a "fairy god mother." Eden enjoyed herself (as did I) thoroughly! We saw many, many little girls around the Disney parks all week with this same hair style wearing princess dresses. I offered to buy Eden a princess dress but she didn't want one. I don't know what was up with that...I think she thinks she is too old for the actual dress (this is what happens when you have an older sister). I also don't think she wanted to walk around in one all day. At Disney all employees (the nicest people in the world...it REALLY is the happiest place on earth) always called the girls "princess". Eden REALLY liked this. So after her hair is done and she is looking beautiful we were waiting for the bus and she starts feeling her hair (which is hard as a rock) and decided it hurts and wants it all taken out. UGH!!!!!!!! I begged her to keep it in so daddy could see but she reminded me that we had taken photos and that he could see those. We returned to our room and I washed out lots of gel, hairspray and glitter. I didn't want to listen to her complain about it all day...and she would have. I guess it was the experience that counts. She kept her make-up and nail polish on.

Animal Kingdom was also very enjoyable. The top ride (most popular at all the Disney parks) was "Everest". It was a VERY FUN roller coaster. They also had an awesome animaltronics (not sure if this is a word) dinosaur roller coaster with very realistic, scary dinosaurs that came out at you in the dark. Faith was the only one who would re ride this with me. Sawyer and Eden said "no way." Faith was even all cuddled up to me and hiding 1/2 the time. Lots of other good stuff too but these were the highlights. Also, I had made notes and marked all the stuff we did in my beloved book that I lost- so I know I am forgetting stuff. I also need to add how great Beckett did. He spent 90% of his time from our whole trip in the stroller and never complained.

4 comments:

Kellybee said...

My whole family loved looking at these pics! It looks like so much fun. Do you think I'll be able to talk any of my boys into getting princess do's? It's so awesome that they have stuff like that for girls. I'm glad you guys had so much fun.

Mary said...

Oh, your vacation sounds so wonderful! I am glad that you had such a great time and that you have such agreeable children.

Holli said...

Eden looked as pretty as a princess before but oh my LOVELY!!!
SO cute GWEN WOULD DIE to do that!!! Looks like you guys had a great time!!!

Amy said...

Have just read all of the entries so far on your trip. Sounds fantastic (besides the upchuck incident) -- glad Sawyer felt better right afterwards. The pictures are great!!! Disney is always a wonderful place to visit! ;o)