Thursday 21 April 2011

Chicago

Two weeks ago I went to Chicago for TWO WHOLE NIGHTS with my very good friends, Kristen and Jenny. We took the train on Friday morning and came back Sunday morning. We stayed in a very, very nice hotel down town that was funded by Kristen's, husband's, hotel points. Our friend, Kira (who now lives in Wisconsin) met us. We had a great time and all we did was shop and eat...and talk...and laugh. We ate at "The Melting Pot" which was delish! I was also bound and determined to buy some "Garrett's Popcorn" while there. This popcorn is some of "Oprah's" favorites. We waited in line for an hour at the end of the night and did manage to get some cheese popcorn cause they didn't have any caramel left. I am so mad that I didn't take a picture of us standing outside in the line waiting. I have been friends with these girls for around 10 years (since our oldest were toddlers). Love them all!

3 comments:

Holli said...

FUN! can't wait to have a girls weekend with you!!!

Mary said...

That sounds like so much fun! And I'm jealous that you saw Kira!

The Shoes said...

LOVE Garretts!!..but have never had to wait in line that long! The buttery kind is absolutely dripping! Glad you had a great time with some great friends. We need to get something planned soon...summer break is coming fast!