Thursday 5 May 2011

Sewing

Faith started taking sewing lessons right after Christmas. She has made a couple of bags, a scrap caddy/pin cushion, pillow case, apron and is now working on pajamas. Everything has been so cute and I am really proud of her. I used to love to sew...yes, it is true. It has honestly been 12 years or so since I have sewn. Well...my interest has been renewed! The Young Women in our ward did a silent auction to raise money for girls camp this summer and they each had to donate a service or something they made to the auction. Faith donated the black polka dot bag (pictured) that she made in sewing class. She and I, together, made the other two bags to donate. They turned out so cute. I almost hated to part with them but am going to make some more very soon (although I am not sure what I will do with them). I am also going to attempt to make some clothes for Eden's American Girl Dolls. Hobby Lobby's fabric dept. has become one of my favorite places.

5 comments:

Jeff, Tina, Ian, and Jade Saad said...

LOVE the bags...they are too cute..I think you could start a business...I will order the green style in a fabric that I need to pick...hey this is what you could have been doing in England:):)...basement looks GREAT!!!

Holli said...

so IMPRESSED!!! go Faith!

Holli said...

impressed with you too Stacey!! LOVE THE GREEN ONE!!

Holli said...

funny went from your blog to this.... FUNNY http://www.designmom.com/2011/05/whats-up-with-mormons-and-design-blogs/

Marti said...

I didn't even know, you sewed. I LOVE the bags. Way to go for you and Faith. I am sure she will love the fact that she has learned to sew later on in life.