Thursday 5 May 2011

THE BASEMENT

After almost 3 years the basement is FINISHED!! When we had the house built we had the builders frame the basement. It has been 80% finished for probably the last year and half or so but most recently we put in the mini kitchen, projector and the shelving around the screen. Kyle kind of designed what he wanted around the screen and then had a cabinet maker/carpenter build it. It exceeded our expectations and we are soooo happy with it. Kyle, my dad, father-in-law and friends did most of the basement but we did hire out for some of it. Now I don't know what I will harass Kyle about doing around the house :) I have to say the kids have spend a lot more time down there since it is complete! I had planned on doing before/after pictures but the only "before" pictures I have are those of it framed....nothing inbetween. Also...I realize the bar stools don't match. They are from our former house here in town and we will be replacing them soon :)

6 comments:

Normal Mom said...

Looks awesome!

Emu Monkey said...

That looks so great. We almosted bought that same bathroom sink for this house. I love the screen!

Shana Rodeen said...

The basement looks wonderful!!!

Holli said...

Looks GREAT!! and if I do say so love the placement of the photo's!! haha!!

Corrina Dea said...

looks awesome Stacey...looking forward to myself to actually having a house first then in about 10 years we'll be able to afford to finish...haa haa

Heather Sellers said...

Wow! It is beautiful!!!