Friday 4 September 2009

Behind






I am really behind on my posts so I am going to try and fit everything into this one with out of order pictures and stuff. The first couple of weeks of school have been great for the kids. Eden had one tearful day where "she missed her mommy" but other than that she seems to love school. She loves telling me about who got into trouble and talks all the time about a boy named "Alex" who is very funny. She also LOVES music class. Sawyer has a ton of homework. However, he has had a great attitude about it and is working so hard with rarely a complaint...this is very unlike him. I think he is growing up. He has even been very motivated to get his 100 minutes of piano practice in-he usually averages about 20-30 minutes. Eden and Sawyer both have VERY YOUNG teachers. They are great. Neither are married and no kids so they spend a lot of time perfecting their classrooms and class time. Faith went to an instrument exploration night for 5th grade band. She got to try out 4 instruments-she tried the clarinet, bells (which go to drums in 6th grade), violin and trumpet. It was my dream and desire for her to pick the violin (it was her least favorite). After much consideration and agonizing, she chose the clarinet. Her 2nd choice was the bells but didn't want to carry them to and from school. Also, her best friend, Emma, is playing clarinet so I think that helped. I did the rental and she has had it out several times-should be easy for her since she has 3 1/2 years of piano under her belt. Faith's teacher this year is not what I am used to-no OCD qualities at all-rarely any homework-projects all to be done in class-lots of group work, etc... Not sure what to make of it so far but Faith really likes her and since she is such a good student I am trying to adjust to the change and not worry too much. I am really enjoying my time home with Beckett. He has been SO GOOD!! I think that he has been so good because he doesn't have to compete for my attention. He is such a mama's boy. He is taking 2 hour naps-that has NEVER happened and I think it is because there is NO NOISE in the house when he sleeps. He is always happy and ready to do errands and is so good while we are out and about. To be honest, I was worried he might drive me crazy but I am loving it. But, he still climbs all over everything. He is trying to say a lot more words now too.

Oh yeah, a couple of weekends ago we went to Old Settler's in CP. This is a yearly tradition for us with Kyle's parents. The kids love it and I have posted a few photos.

9 comments:

Wendi said...

Okay, this was the 2nd reference I've heard today about practicing piano and I am convinced that I let Drew off WAY TOO EASY when it comes to practice time. 100 minutes a week? I'm lucky to get 25! I need to step it up a bit and raise my expectations! Glad to hear you are all doing well!

Holli said...

I can't believe how big all your kids are! Looks like you are all having a great time! (minus the piano practice- I HATED IT growing up!):)
Miss you!

Holli said...

I can't believe how big all your kids are! Looks like you are all having a great time! (minus the piano practice- I HATED IT growing up!):)
Miss you!

Amy said...

Cute pictures! So glad the kids are enjoying school and Beckett is being a good boy for you at home. I'm sure Faith will love the clarinet...that is what I played in grade school. ;o)

Shana Rodeen said...

Beckett is getting soooo big! What a cutie. Glad school is going well now after all the sickness!

The Shoes said...

So I played piano and clarinet too...all the way through high school. Haven't picked up the clarinet since! So now that Beckett is being so good, does that mean you can bring him over to my house during the day or go out to lunch? Hope to see you soon!

Kellybee said...

Your family is so cute! I'm glad school is going well for you guys! I bet Beckett is soaking up all the attention and alone time he has with you! Enjoy it!

Mary said...

Great update! It is funny how we get stuck on one topic or other and never find out what is really happening.

Shelly said...

did i tell you that i met Sawyer's teacher last Wed? She seems very sweet and really enjoys teaching.

Aleigha always acts better when it's just me and her without the distractions of Grayson or Jeff! :)