Monday 24 August 2009

Sick

I don't normally blog about every sniffle but I felt this was blog worthy. Yeah, we have been sick. Eden and Beckett were the first to get it last Wed. We took Eden in for her 1st hour of school to put away her school supplies. We went to Krispy Kremes with Penny, AJ and Madison and Bex was acting odd. After we got home noticed that Eden and Bex both had fevers-Eden's was 102.8 and she said she had a sore throat. I called the Dr. asap and took them in. I thought maybe it was strep (Faith is very prone to strep). Not strep. The next morning Sawyer has a fever so he and Eden home on their 1st full day of school. Friday morning everyone is better and all go to school. Friday night Faith isn't feeling well. Saturday is Old Settlers (in Cissna Park-will blog about later). We drag Faith anyways (next to "THE CAMPING TRIP") this is Kyle's highlight of the year. By that night she has a fever of 105!!! Call the dr. and are told to give full doses of both Tylenol and Motrin at the same time and it worked. Sunday-still sick. Monday-another missed day of school PLUS it is picture day. So, two years ago (in England) Faith missed her first few days of school due to strep. Last year Sawyer missed his first few days of school (plus picture day)----now this year all three have missed the beginning of school plus Faith is missing picture day. We are cursed. Next year I will just expect it.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my goodness ... that is definitely blog-worthy! I'm so sorry that everyone has been ill. Are you still okay? Hope everyone gets to feeling better VERY soon.

Jeff, Tina, Ian, and Jade Saad said...

You should just plan on starting a week late next year....hope everyone is feeling better...have you gotten them adjusted...you know all that freaky stuff I do...it works...you need to get a juicer and be giving them fresh juice everymorning...you have the time...come on...he he

The Shoes said...

What a bummer for the kids to miss their first days of school. I'm sure they were really looking forward to it. I bet you had Faith's outfit all ready for her to look great and she didn't get to wear it! Hope everyone is feeling better now.

Holli said...

Hope you are all feeling better!!!
Say pictures on FB of your hubby on his boys weekend- funny! (wish I could underline boys!:))

Shelly said...

do they test for Swine flu now??? just curious. that's awful at your house. i'm glad we haven't seen you guys lately!!! :)

Kellybee said...

Isn't that how life goes? I don't want to complain either, but my first day back to teaching school was today, and last night, I came down with the most horrible tooth ache. I didn't get any sleep, and I couldn't miss school to see a dentist. Luckily, they got me in right after school, and now I'm sitting here with gauze in my mouth and one less tooth! It was way in the back and infected and I told them to just yank it out. So, tomorrow should be another interesting day at school...I hope I can talk! I hope your house hold feels better and wish you guys good health through the fall and winter months!

Mary said...

Oh awful! I hope that everyone is on the mend now?