Monday 21 June 2010

WICKED!!!











A few months ago, a friend of mine (who also happens to be be Faith's BFF mom) asked me if we would like to go see "Wicked" in St. Louis and spend the night. Of course I said "yes" immediately. However, she was keeping this a secret from Emma (bff) until the day we left. This was hard! I managed to keep it from Faith until a week before we left and then I had her swear to keep it a secret. It was a surprise and ended up being a VERY fun trip.

I had already seen "Wicked" twice in London but it was phenomenal and I was looking forward to seeing it again with Faith. I can honestly say it was just as good as the first two times. I am always amazed that there is more than one person in the world that can sing like the people in these shows. It is a gift that I covet.

We took the train, checked into our hotel and then went and ate at "The Old Spaghetti Factory." I am still dreaming about that place...the food was so good! Afterwards we took a horse and buggy ride. After "Wicked" we went back to the hotel for some sleep. It was a long day and night for two eleven year olds. The girls had sung songs from "Wicked" for their school program so they were familiar with the story and music. The next morning we headed to the "Arch". Faith and I had never been there so we were happy to see something new. We didn't go to the top (line too long) but we did enjoy the free museum underneath. After that...we ate lunch and headed home.

It was so fun to spend some time with Faith without everyone else. She is growing up so quickly and is so fun to be with. Faith and Emma are crazy together and they make me laugh. I am so appreciative to Amy (Emma's mom) for making all the arrangements and inviting us.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds LOVELY!!! What fun & cool mommas you are!

corn fed girl said...

SO Jealous.

AndieF said...

I love St. Louis! I've just GOT to see Wicked one of these days. I can't believe that I haven't seen it yet. Glad you had a nice time!

Holli said...

so fun!!!
for you and Faith!

Shelly said...

fun, fun, fun!!

Cathren12 (mom) said...

did I read that right? you took the train to St Louis...almost sounds like a UK excursion with the train being involved :-) Sounds like you had a great time. I love going to see shows & need to do it more (still haven't seen Wicked).

Extra Awesome Bonus that you got to do this with Faith!