Tuesday 1 June 2010

School's Out!!


Last day of school May 2010


First day of school Aug. 2009

We had a very fun Memorial Day weekend. Unfortunately I took ZERO photos of our fun. I find when we are at social gatherings I tend not to get my camera out because I am too busy talking or chasing Beckett around. Kyle, Faith and Sawyer got up super early on Friday morning to go fishing. The rest of us met them at 1 p.m. to go tubing. This was Beckett's first time on the boat and he loved it. He even tubed with myself and Faith. That kid is very adventurous. He has no fear. We camped that night with friends (in a tent :)) and went to the beach the next day. We had so much fun. On Sunday afternoon we were able to get together with some of my family that I haven't seen for a very long time. My aunt and cousin came to visit from Florida and D.C. It has been YEARS! We got together with my other cousin, his kids and grandkids and my parents. They are all the nicest people and it was so enjoyable to catch up. I always wonder why we don't make more of an effort to get together more often. Today is our first official day of "nothing". However, we have already done some schoolwork and practiced piano this morning. Faith didn't wake up until after 10:30 and I had to wake her up...what a life! It was nice to have Kyle home for a 4 day weekend. We even went yesterday and got new cell phones for myself, Kyle and Faith. Kyle and I got Blackberry's and I am pretty excited about it...oh the little things. Faith got a phone with a texting pad, which she really wanted.

So...the last month of school was very fun. Eden had a kindergarten program. It was just her class and it was very sweet. She did a great job. She had to memorize several songs and had a few lines on her own to say. Her teacher got pretty emotional which made me emotional. Eden said her favorite part of kindergarten was her teacher. Sawyer said his favorite part of 3rd grade was spelling. Faith had 5th grade recognition last week as well. They put their kindergarten pic. up first on the big screen and then switched it to their 5th grade pic. while they handed them their "diploma." It was fun to see the changes in all the kids. I am still in denial about Faith going to jr. high :( Faith's favorite things about 5th grade were the field trips and social studies. They all had a great year! Faith got straight A's. She even managed, once again, to get a pull-up in P.E. (which is all she needed for an "A"). With a lot of effort from Sawyer and myself he managed A's and B's in his subjects. I don't think I have ever studied or done more homework this year that what I have helped Sawyer with. I am very scared for 4th grade...ugh!! Eden got all "3's." They all love school which is such a blessing! They all had amazing, caring teachers this year as well!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

love the 1st day and last day pics of school! good idea. :)