Saturday 9 July 2011

New York City!!






This post is going back to April. Kyle and I celebrated 14 years of marriage on May 10th. Kyle surprised me with a trip to New York City for a weekend! I knew we were flying somewhere but didn't know where until we were on our way to the airport. We have not been away together (alone) more than one night since we have had kids. I was nervous and excited all at the same time. Leaving Beckett was the hard part, knowing he would not do well without me at night. He had also been sick with vomiting and diarrhea. The doctor had put him on a dairy and sugar free diet to try and stop the vomiting. So...he was left sick and cranky (wanting sugar!!!). Friends and my parents helped with the kids and they all survived!!!
We had an amazing time!! It is comforting to know that after 14 years we still really enjoy each others company and being together. I really appreciated all the effort Kyle went to! He is too good to me!! We can't wait til retirement (but not the "being old" part). We stayed in a very nice hotel right off of Times Square. Kyle made reservations at two VERY fancy, expensive restaurants. I was googling menu items on my phone to try and figure out what I was ordering. Some of the food was amazing...some not so much! It was definitely an experience. We saw the musical "Memphis" and it was amazing!!! We took a helicopter ride over "The Statue of Liberty." We also toured "Ground Zero" and went to the museum/memorial they have. This was very depressing. I cried. We also had a guy pull us on his bike in a little carriage through part of Central Park. I wanted a souvenir so we went to "Tiffany's." We went to the 3rd floor (this is the floor where one can actually afford to buy something) and I got a necklace. Times Square was very crowded no matter what time it was but also very exciting. It reminded me of our times in London. I am looking forward to our next "getaway" although it might take years for my parents to recover from watching Beckett. We took a ton of pictures but here is a sampling :)

1 comment:

Holli said...

You really are one of my favorite couples.... maybe it has something to do with you and I being similar and Andy and Kyle being identical! :-) Happy 14 years! Love you guys!!