Saturday 9 July 2011

End of the school year CHAOS!!

In May I had the priviledge of chaperoning a band trip to Six Flags in Gurnee. Half of these lovely girls were my group and the other half were my friend, Amy's. Half were roller coaster riders (my group) and the other half were not. It was a very fun trip and the girls were great!
Faith, for the 1st time, took a Hip-Hop Dance Class through the Parks and Rec. She took it with two of her best friends, Jaclyn and Megan. This was the girls right before their dress rehearsal. There were 16 kids on their dance squad (2 were boys). They all did a great job.
Eden with her very loved 1st grade teacher, Mrs. Scott!
Eden with Miss "A." This was her very loved student teacher.
Last day of 1st and 4th grades!! You may notice that Sawyer's face it scraped up. He was tackled for a basketball by his best friend....yep...they are still friends...BOYS! I can't wrap my mind around the fact that after this coming school year he will be entering jr. high.
Last day of 6th grade!
Choir concert.
I am sewing! I know it is weird. I made her skirt and headband...she picked out the fabric.
Faith received an award for earning straight A's. She was 1 of 33 6th graders out of around 250 kids that earned straight A's. Faith is a great student. We are so proud of her. One of her teachers emailed me at the end of year and told me how much he enjoyed having Faith in class and that he hoped his daughter turned out just like her. The kids all had successful school years with wonderful teachers!

2 comments:

Holli said...

keep the post coming!! can't believe how old our kids are getting!! yours and mine!!!

Marti said...

love the skirts and the headband. Great job!
Did you use a pattern for the headband? I was looking for one today.