Sunday 17 July 2011

Reunion....20 years BABY!!!

Here we are...had 33 in attendence and close to 60 with significant others. Wished we would have had more.
Four of my closest friends from H.S. Amy and Shelly (two on the left) are still 2 of my closest friends.
Not sure what Kyle was thinking zooming in this close...this is me with Aimee. We spent a fair amount of time "helping" each other with math homework and sharing secrets. I had not seen her since her wedding...she has 5 kids!
This is Shells and I with Mike O. Shelly actually dated him in H.S. ;) He was/is a great friend. SO FUN to catch up! He is a math professor at some college in California and has kid #4 on the way :) Take away the facial hair and he was "least changed" to me. If you look closely you can see my name tag and what I looked like in my senior picture....Kyle joked that he was hiding behind my hair somewhere. We dated my senior year so I am guessing we had a mutual respect...him for my big hair and me for his mullet.
Me and Amy. Amy is a 2nd grade teacher in our hometown. She was homecoming and prom queen. I still see and talk with her often. She is married, a mother of 3 girls and a wonderful teacher.
Dave is one of my favorite people. We have been able to keep in touch through the years. He lives in Texas, has a lovely wife and 3 kids. He is also a minister. Of course, I really admire him for this! I am only going to write this because he doesn't know about my blog...in H.S. he had a massive head of dark hair.
Amy B. was a very close friend in H.S. and another one who I have kept in contact with. She just moved to California (from Chicago) and is in marketing for a shopping mall corporation...or something like that. Not married but live in boyfriend and a dog. She is an independent woman!

For the past 5-6 months Shelly, myself and Andy (an awesome guy we graduated with) have been planning our 20 year class reunion. I can't believe it has been 20 years. High school was a very good experience for me so I am not quite sure why it is so weird to see my fellow classmates. We had a 10 year reunion and it was nice...I remember receiving an award for the youngest baby. Sawyer was just a few months old. Anywho...not much is left to the imagination now with facebook so that definitely helped! Speaking of facebook...thank goodness it exists for events like this!!! It made it so much easier to find and contact people. Andy is a pharmacist in our hometown so that helped as well. He sees a lot of relatives, etc of former classmates. My graduating class had 100 graduates. The town I grew up in has a population of 4,400 people. I loved growing up there... although I love more where we live now. We tried to make the reunion as simple and cheap as possible and I think it went really well! Kyle was a good sport and tagged along. We met at my friend, Amy's house before hand for dinner. We invited some other classmates we were close to. It was a lot of fun. It made me realize how much I miss them. Even though I had not seen some of them since graduation we definitely have a bond. Some of us were together from kindergarten to graduation. It was fun to catch up on kids, spouses, careers and share old memories. Most people at the reunion were recognizable...I will just leave it at that. I told Kyle that it was fun and disturbing all at the same time...fun to catch up but hard to see that some have not had good lives/made bad choices after we graduated. This has weighed heavily on my mind today. Praying they all find peace and happiness in life. We had a little quiz/contest...learned that the longest marriage in attendance was 20 years...that means they got married right out of H.S. and oldest child was 20 as well. We had a couple of classmates travel clear from California. Our valedictorian attended, has 9 kids and home schools. Not sure when our next reunion will be...5 years seems a little soon...but in 10 many of us will be grandparents! I didn't take near as many photos as I had planned on...too busy talking...but here are a few.

3 comments:

Holli said...

How fun!!!! Laughed out load about the hair! Think u need to start planning our 5 year!!! Reunion in Spain!:-)

corn fed girl said...

wow...you're OLD!

Shelly said...

Great post, Stace! Glad not everyone knows about your blog too. :) Not a good picture night for me. doesn't look i have any hair in any of the pics.