Wednesday 10 September 2008

CAMPING!!




Try not to be in shock. I went camping. Actually, in my pre-children days, I enjoyed camping. Kyle has been wanting to take the kids camping so he decided this last weekend would be a good time. He pretty much guilted me into going by saying that I should do something the kids want to do-yeah he is right-I guess going to the mall isn't always so much fun for them. It isn't that I didn't want to go, I just didn't know how Bex would do. It was actually a lot of fun and Eden stated twice that is was her "bestest day ever." We had a campfire and cooked hot dogs and smores and the next morning Kyle cooked eggs, bacon and toast over the fire. The only bad part was the sleeping. We slept in a tent on air mattresses and the air went out of the one myself, Bex and Faith were sleeping on. Our pump had run out of batteries so Kyle actually blew it up manually. What a guy!! It was also FREEZING!!! I was freezing my butt off!! It also poured down rain for most of the night and our tent leaked-just at the edges. It quit raining by morning and the sun was shining. The kids had the best time just piddling around with walnuts, sticks and the campfire. Bex was a very good boy. I think we might have been the only tent there. Everyone else was in big, fancy motor homes or at least pop-up campers. I will go again but we have got to invest in something better than a tent. I am getting old and tend to be a bit high-maintenance. Overall, I loved being together (with no T.V. or video games) and watching the kids have such a great time.

4 comments:

Holli said...

LOVE camping!!! (with my mom along:)! she can plan and do all the meals!)
Sounds like you had a great time. (besides the rain- but you should be used to that?:))
Maybe the K*****'s will have to join you in a couple years!:)

Amy said...

So glad to hear you had a good time camping. I was laughing outloud reading your comments about the mattress, the tent leaking, etc. ;o) Miss you...

Jeff, Tina, Ian, and Jade Saad said...

You are a saint...I will not go camping...where was the bathroom?? That is my big question...let me know

Corrina Dea said...

Oh, I miss camping so much, we used to go almost every other weekend. I loved reading your story...

I can't wait to come see you at Christmas time!