Friday 26 September 2008

Is it FAT or just excess skin-SERIOUSLY!

Seriously, this is not for the squeamish!! I apologize to those family members who get on here to view cute pics. of the kids. STOP READING NOW!! I think this is an issue many of us women face after having babies and hitting the big THREE-ZERO!! As many of you know, I just recently joined the gym to try and combat some of my after-baby-fat. I knew it would be rough this time. My abdomen being stretched out 4 times in 8 1/2 years just couldn't end up good. Being 35 just intensifies it all. I wish I wasn't vain. Why can't we just all eat and be merry?? The truth is, I feel better now that I am getting some exercise-it isn't much-just 3 times a week for 30 min. This is all Beckett can stand in the gym daycare-plus I have other things I like to do. Back to the excess skin. I can actually get into most of my pre-Beckett jeans but it just isn't the same-I now have the "muffin-top or mushroom-top". I have never had problems with my upper body-only my lower and I don't like it. Thank goodness for the shirt styles that are happening right now. So, is my muffin top FAT or EXCESS SKIN?? Will it EVER go away without plastic surgery (which I am NOT having BTW). Even if I lose more weight will it still be there? Am I unfixable? Should I just learn to accept myself the way I am now? Embrace age??? What about when I am done breastfeeding and my boobs turn back into saggy, mini- prunes?? Will my muffin top be even more pronounced then?? I guess more ab work is needed, a good bra needs to be purchased and less food should be consumed. "Mom Jeans" need to come back in style to just cover it all up. I think I might buy some "Spanx." When I "diet", I am grouchy!! Is that fair to the family all to be 10 lbs. thinner? As I am typing, Beckett is crawling around making baby noises, Sawyer and Eden are upstairs playing nicely together (for now) and Faith is at a sleepover. The FAT is worth it.

7 comments:

Holli said...

:) Love it! hilarious! worth it for the kids I didn't have to be 35and I didn't have 4 so what gives?:)
and welcome to the FOT (fat on top club) it is so much better to have bottom fat- no one really looks at the bottom half- be thankful for small arms and you know what eles that rolls over my jeans - not the muffin but the cherries:)!

Normal Mom said...

I'm with you. I have not come to terms with losing my pre-children body. I do not like the post baby body (even though it's not that bad). But the spanx idea is good, it does help. And I say exercise and have a cookie every once in awhile. As long as you are getting in your fruits and veggies every day, it will be ok. I think you look awesome! Pilates and yoga worked well for my sister. She had little muffin top look and now she is lean and mean. She is also 27...so nevermind. Keep up the good work!

Jeff, Tina, Ian, and Jade Saad said...

Try doing it at 39...you are still a baby for goodness sakes!! I is amazing what happens to your abs...keep cutting back on your fat intake and working those abs at home....it will work...don't look at mine right now for an example and please remind my after this baby because plastic surgery is looking good to me!! Although even with the surgery you still have to maintain...it never ends...why did Eve eat that apple?? We could have lived in Eden and been so happy!!

Amy said...

You are just way too funny! Having a muffin top is definitely no fun -- but totally worth it when you stop to look at your children. Miss you tons...and keep up the good work!!!

Mary said...

I hear you on the tummy thing. This morning I was doing a shoulder stand and my stomach hanging upside down was not pretty! And I think it may just be a female condition because even women who never had kids have that tummy when they're older. I have obviously over thought this. The word verification for me to post this comment is "ironman" -- seriously! Maybe the universe is trying to tell us something...

Shelly said...

You're crazy, Stace.... I need to bring my jeans over to your house to make you feel better.

Cathren12 (mom) said...

Oh my - if I could look as good as you I would be estatic. I have hired a personal trainer, cut down drastically on the Diet Coke, eating 5 fruit/veggies a day, going to the gym 5 days a wk, etc ~ all to gain 2KG (not 2 lbs - 2 KGS!!!!). Grrrrrrr