Friday 5 September 2008

This week...

No pictures this week but I haven't updated for awhile so I thought I should. For those of you that get bored with my blog just try and remember that I am eventually having this made into a scrapbook/journal type thing. Oh, I guess you could just stop reading it. Was that rude??? Just feeling tired and a little feisty. Anywho... my friend Corrina welcomed a baby boy last week in good ole England and my bro and sister-in-law welcomed a baby girl in the U.S. this week. The differences in their births can't be anymore different. England doesn't want you to come to the hospital until the head is practically out and then finish the job in a VERY OLD hospital. In the U.S. it is often a planned induction (as it was for my new, beautiful niece) in a hospital equivalent to a 5 star hotel. All the fanciness in the U.S. might not be necessary but it sure is nice. Don't us women deserve a little pampering!! Corrina was out of the hospital in under 4 hours and my sister-in-law 48 hours. Toast and tea in England, steak and lobster in the U.S (not joking). Corrina didn't get an epidural. Amy (my sis-in-law) barely felt the baby come out and didn't even have to push. (Hope you girls don't mind me writing about you on my blog-you know I love you both.) All of this brings back memories of Beckett's birth. I know I am a wimp, but it was very traumatic-go back several, several, postings to read about it. Regardless, seeing pics. of these two new amazing, beautiful miracles makes me sad that my reproducing days have come to an end. Birth is truly a miracle from God. My children make me extremely happy (my hubby too!). People often make this comment when I have all four with me alone "Boy, you sure have your hands full." I usually answer, "Yeah, well I like the torture" or "IT ISN'T THAT BAD-THEY ARE ACTUALLY PRETTY DARN GOOD." The latter is when I am feeling defensive and thinking that four really isn't that many! Don't get me wrong-they all definitely keep me hopping. We have so many activities that I don't whether I am coming or going at times and Beckett requires almost constant attention. A couple of days ago I was carrying him around on my hip just trying to take in the moment. He is a huge mama's boy. The days and weeks go by so quickly that it is a bit frightening.

Kids are doing great. They are loving school. I am still going to the gym! I am trying to make it at least 3 times a week. I made it 30 min. the other day before they paged me to come and get a devastated, Beckett. I was able to eat out this week with friends, have a girlfriend over for a play date and hang out with my former neighbors this morning. Wed, Thurs. and Fridays are constant activities after school. I think we might be going camping tomorrow-not sure if Beckett and I are going but it will make for a good posting if we do.

8 comments:

Amy said...

Weren't you one of the ones that told Tina that blog entries weren't interesting without pictures?! Just kidding. I love reading your blog with or without pictures; however I will look forward to more pictures hopefully soon. Love you and miss you and can't wait to see you in December. ;o) (Are you sure you don't want any more babies? How about just one?????)

Jeff, Tina, Ian, and Jade Saad said...

I think you should have one more!!! I have NEVER seen you one time get stressed with kids...I always think you have the patience of a saint or insane person....haven't figured out which. Just got for one more...PLEASE We can do playgroup once a week with our little ones...come on Kyle...just do it!

Holli said...

i miss your ramblings!!! ahdonna said at the tea yesterday that its just not the same w/o you....and its not! Miss you!
I vote you have more... one or two from ET!

The Shoes said...

Hi Stacey! I am so far behind in reading your blog. And, no, I'm not joining the Facebook world! You are going to the gym??!! I can't believe it but am very impressed! The kids look great on their first day. I don't know if anyone has told you, but the Invisible Crust bread has disappeared from the shelves at Tesco and Sainburys! I found a couple loaves at Morrisons but I think they are getting rid of it! I am so sad...why do they do that here! Miss you lots! Jen

Cathren12 (mom) said...

You have to let us know if you made it camping ~ I'm guessing not but you might surprise me :-)
As far as kiddos go, I am stressed with my two so I would never be one to comment on someone elses. You have always remained so calm; how do you do it!!!! You know... you could have another one now that you are back in the states; it would help to erase that horrible UK delivery memory. I know, it is so tempting (hehe)

Mary said...

It *is* frightening how quickly time passes. You don't need another one because you know they will just grow up anyway! Just go nuzzle his neck a little.

carrie said...

I can't wait to see you guys either. We have to plan something! I bet Eden and Drew would have a great time playing. I love the uniforms, although I really need to order more - I'm just too cheap! What weekends do you have available in sept/oct?

Corrina Dea said...

I know my birthing experience sounds like a potential nightmare but actually it worked out great....I got to stay in the comfort of my own home for most of it and got to go home early instead of having to spend the night alone in the ward. Yes, I was devastated not to have the epidural, but God wanted me to experience naturally and even after all the pain it was worth it and I don't remember it anymore. Can't wait to compare war stories when we see each other over Christmas.