Monday 17 November 2008

Eden Gets Her Ears Pierced-Beckett is 10 mo.




So, we (myself, Bex and Eden)were at the mall today and Eden says "I want to get my ears pierced." I say "Are you sure?" She convinces me that she is sure. We went into a few more stores and wasted some time just to be positive and she never wavered. We head into Claire's and fortunately they had two people so they could do two ears at once. She is giddy with excitement during the whole preparation until each lady had a gun in each hand and was ready to go. She then covered her ears and started crying. We get her calmed down and she decides she wants to sit on my lap. She starts freaking out again so I told them to go for it. I had one arm wrapped around her holding her arms down and the other holding her forehead back against me. Are you getting the visual?? After it was over her crying went to euphoria and she was laughing and giggling and very happy. Whew!!!

Beckett turned 10 mo. on the 15th. He is all over the place. When he hears the basement, bathroom, dishwasher or dryer door open he crawls as fast as he can to investigate. I just started putting the gate on the steps last week. Although capable he just wasn't interested until last week. If he gets a chance to climb the steps with help he goes really fast and breaths heavy. He has four teeth. I just started him on Gerber 3 foods and am giving him a few pieces of what we are eating. He is so happy with baby food I hate to get him used to food with flavor. It is so easy to pack a couple of jars of baby food when we go places. He loves to stand by himself (note the photo) but no independent steps yet. He is still a "mamas boy" and still cries at the gym daycare (yes, I am still going to the gym). He loves to open and close the cabinet doors and pull everything out. He is still adored by his siblings and they still fight over him. He is a very happy boy.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Oh the drama of having to look beautiful! So glad Eden went through with it (with a little help from mom). ;o) I did the same thing when I was 5...I ran through the store crying as they had pierced one ear and I didn't want them to do the other one. Can Beckett really be 10 months old already?!?!?! I love his chubbly little legs. Can't wait to see you in December! ;o)

corn fed girl said...

He's standing!!!!! Go little buddy GO! Eden sure looks proud of those sparkly earings. So cute!

Holli said...

so cute!!!

Cathren12 (mom) said...

Eden is a braver girl than me, but you have to admit she looks FABULOUS! I hardly recognize Beckett ~ he is so big & handsome! Where did the time go....