Wednesday 28 January 2009

Beckett's B-day continued...











So I am a little behind on my blog right now. That is because I am obsessed with reading other peoples so I don't even have time for my own. We celebrated Beckett's 1st b-day with both sets of grandparents on Jan. 19th. I was very nervous about letting him have cake because I have been pretty strict with his eating and I was worried about him getting sick. Fortunately he dug right in and didn't get sick. I think the kid has a stomach of steel because he ate A LOT of frosting. I got his cake at Walmart and did a "ball" theme since that is what he loves right now. We made Hawaiian Haystacks for dinner-all the kids love these. I was going to have a private photographer take Beckett's pics. but I decided to have some done of all the kids in the spring when it is pretty out so I went to Sears instead and got the $4.99 package with no sitting fee (I had a coupon)-can you get any cheaper than this??? Okay, so the lady bullied me into a collage so it ended up costing me $35 but still not too bad. I always like to purchase the disk but they like to charge $129 for it (yeah right!!) unless you spend that much and then you get it "free". So, I picked up his photos today and she tried to sell me the disk for $29.99. I see the game they are playing-they try and make you spend a fortune to get it and then when they think all is lost they offer it for $29.99-nice try. The photos I am posting are the ones from Sears but I photographed it with my digital camera and it worked pretty darn good. By the way, I FINALLY got a new digital camera and I love it!!! I picked it out at Best Buy with help from a very knowledgeable, nice employee.

4 comments:

Amy said...

ADORABLE!!! It looks like he had a great time at his party. Miss you and can't wait to see you soon... ;o)

AndieF said...

I can't believe that he is one! My little guy was really into balls at age one too. I had his picture taken at Sears that year with a bunch of balls.

Happy Birthday!

Marti said...

How cute! Can you believe our babies are one! All your kids look so big. It doesn't seem like it's been that long since I have seen you, but it's getting close to a year now. Time sure is flying.

Mary said...

So what kind of camera did you get? You know how I love the details. You look very lovely in that picture by the way.