Monday 22 June 2009

Father's Day





We had a very nice Father's Day yesterday. We had my in-laws and my dad over to grill out Rib eye steaks. My mom is in Texas visiting my brother and his family-we missed her. Don't worry mom, we sent dad home with some leftovers-he won't starve. God decided to bless me twice with an amazing dad and an amazing husband. My dad has always been there for me. I have a lot of memories of him practicing sports with me when he got home from work, teaching me to ride a two-wheeler, being at all my sport/school events and ALWAYS waiting up for me at curfew when I was a teenager. He also paid my phone bill (that I couldn't afford) when I was in college several times and sent other money to me for various thing. I hated making that phone call to ask and sometimes I got a lecture but he always sent it anyways. He has done NUMEROUS home improvements for Kyle and I since we have been married-most recently putting a fence up around our massive window well and helping to finish our basement-in fact he will be coming over this week to do more in the basement. He has fixed many cars too. The list is too long to keep going. He is also a wonderful, active grandparent to all the grand kids. Kyle is also an amazing dad. In addition to working 1,000 hours a week he always plays and spends time with the kids. Sawyer often asks me why I'm not fun like daddy is. He loves to take the kids camping and boating and be at their various activities. He loves to play Rock Band and board games with them too. Sawyer always says that daddy is his best friend. We mutually enjoy the kids and our family a ton. I can't ever imagine doing or even trying to do this all without him!

8 comments:

Kalista Hill said...

I agree that Dad is the very best. He is my hero and always has been.

Tyler

Holli said...

Happy Fathers Day Kyle!

The Shoes said...

What a wonderful post about your dad and Kyle. You have just the most beautiful and happy family!

Kellybee said...

I loved this post! You truly are blessed with a great family. Your dad has always been so kind to me. I like to discuss antiques with him and your mom...and both Danny and I are looking forward to meeting Kyle and the kids when you guys get out here to visit! I'm glad you had a great Father's Day!

Shelly said...

ohhh... the memories of your dad waiting up for you every weekend in high school. I know I'm going to do the same thing with my kids!!!! :)

Maddie said...

You had a better Father's Day than me. But I'm glad that you had a great time with your family.

Corrina Dea said...

I love the pic with Kyle and the kids...you have such beautiful children!!!

Lauren's Room Boutique said...

That is the closest I've seen your dad to a smile i any picture.

Chris