Thursday 4 June 2009

SCHOOL IS OUT!!!


The kids finished up with school on Tues. morning. They went in for one hour to pick up their report cards. I am VERY pleased to say that they did really well. I hate to brag but well...this is my blog and I can do what I want. Faith got straight A's. She even got her "A" in P.E. For P.E. they have to be able to accomplish all the presidential fitness stuff and the one thing she hasn't been able to do is a pull-up. Well, she finally got her pull-up. She doesn't know how she did it and I don't know that she could ever do it again but I think it was just mind over matter. Sawyer got all "3's" except he got a "2" in P.E. His P.E. teacher said he improved in 4 out of 5 areas of the presidential fitness stuff but I guess that still didn't warrant a "3"-whatever!! I know you are all thinking right now that I am an over competitive mother but I'm really not. But, I am happy that all my nagging and harassing about doing homework and studying is paying off. Faith is very independent with her homework and projects. It was hard at first to just let her do her own thing but she has it all under control. Sawyer needs more guidance and I think next year will be more challenging since they will start getting letter grades. I am already overwhelmed thinking about having 3 kids with homework, activities and projects this fall-UGH!! They had a great school year and they both had amazing teachers. I was worried about them transitioning, once again, to a new school but they did great. Now we just have to transition into a summer routine. The three oldest already had play dates yesterday and have been asking for sleepovers. I was looking through Sawyer's journal from school and this is what he wrote on his first day of 2nd grade. It says "If I was a teacher I would change jobs." Funny!

6 comments:

Cathren12 (mom) said...

I could never be a school teacher, so I agree with Sawyer. You have to wonder what his teacher thought when she read it (hehe)... Enjoy the summer break

Holli said...

I LOVE IT! That is something you need to FRAME! FUNNY!
Miss you!

Shelly said...

That note is hilarious!!! :) Now I want to know what Grayson thinks about being a teacher. I'll let you know his response.

Wendi said...

That's AWESOME! I love reading the funny things they write in their journals! I can't wait to finally meet your kids this summer! I think Sawyer and Drew are going to really hit it off!

Shana Rodeen said...

That not is absolutely hilarious!!!! Hope you have a great summer : )

April Hargan said...

Sawyer is hilarious! I'm so jealous they are home! Kate has school until June 22 and Glen doesn't get out until the 25!