Friday 26 June 2009

Summer Craziness






It is hard for me to believe that school has already been out for a month. I have to admit the first two weeks were a little hairy trying to get into a routine. They make school so much fun these days that my kids expect to be entertained all of their waking hours (well, mostly Sawyer-he is one kid that needs structure). We have swimming one morning a week for the oldest three and piano one morning a week for Faith and Sawyer. Faith has softball sometimes up to three nights a week. I thought we would have a ton of free time. We also do the library reading program so we go there once a week too. We have had numerous play dates, Faith is going to her second sleepover tonight. Socializing is my favorite thing to do so I wouldn't dare deny my children the joys. Kyle is taking Sawyer and Eden camping tonight. I also bought a pool pass this summer for the first time ever. Faith and Sawyer are good enough swimmers that they can go off on their own. The pool we go to has an awesome baby pool area-it is huge and separate. I pretty much just keep an eye on Eden (who is becoming a pretty good swimmer herself) and follow Bex around the whole time. The kids love it and it gives us something to do when they are "bored". I have always dreaded the time when I would have to get into my swimsuit several times a week to take my children to the pool but I have learned something from this experience.....that I shouldn't base my standards of what everyone looks like in a swimsuit to those celebrities featured in PEOPLE magazine. I have found that most mom's look just like I do, or in many cases worse in a swimsuit. So, now I don't care anymore. Kyle is shocked by how tan I am. It has been over 10 years since I have had a tan. I hate to subject myself to wrinkles and potential skin cancer but it must be done for the kids.

On Wed. I took the girls to see, yet another, stage production of High School Musical. It was very good but I think this is it for awhile. I am ready for something else.

Faith got her expander in 4 weeks ago. It is placed in the roof of her mouth (as seen in the photo) and I have to put a little key/pin type thing in the top of it and give it a little crank down every single night. This will widen her bite and give her more room for incoming teeth and supposedly make the braces thing less complicated when the time comes. She has done really well with it. It takes her a lot longer to eat and it has taken her some time to adjust to speaking. She has been a great sport about it-she hasn't even complained. It definitely bothers me more than it bothers her. It has also created a large space between her two front teeth, which is to be expected and what they want. We go back to the ortho today and I think we are done with the "expanding". She will have to leave it in for a couple of more months and then she will get a retainer to hold everything in place until it is time for braces. Did I mention that this is all costing us a fortune!! But, you know....we just want her to have a beautiful smile!!

Faith is loving softball. They have won a few games and I LOVE watching the games. It is a great program at this age where it is girl pitched and they get to try all positions. Faith has had a couple of great hits this season and has played several positions. Just like everything else she does, she is a very conscientious player and wants to do well. It will end in mid-July.


I guess I should mention Beckett. Well...not only are my chairs still on top of the table but now my stools are on top of the island as well. He can push the stools over to my pantry area, climb on top and open the top cabinets. My oven doors are roped together because he likes to pull the bottom one open and stand on it and bounce up and down. I also caught him walking on the dining room table yesterday. Fortunately, he rarely goes in the dining room so hopefully I can keep that room intact. I think he is very happy that the kids are home from school. He will be lost in Aug. when it is just he and I. He loves to be on the go. He is extrememly content when I put him in his carseat because he knows we are going somewhere. He is an excellent shopper. He loves to go outside and mooch food.

5 comments:

Holli said...

the price we pay for beauty!! love hearing about your fam.
MISS YOU ALL!

Shelly said...

Beckett sounds just like Aleigha- wanting to go all the time and mooch food off of everyone!! I can't believe you have to crank that thing in Faith's mouth every night... crazy....

Mary said...

What a great update! I need to read your blog now more than ever since we never get a chance to talk! I had to have one of those expander things, too, but I cranked it myself. What pool do you go to? Yes, our boys will be bored. We just might have to get together and at least go shopping.

Corrina Dea said...

oh my goodness you are so busy that it gives me an anxiety attack just thinking about all that stuff, but I think I would love it too. Addison starts preschool this fall and I'm thinking she'll be good but I'll be a wreck. Miss you so much!

Cathren12 (mom) said...

You don't have a down minute do you...wow! But I must admit it sounds like an excellent time. I'm looking forward to the pool time & am glad that they now have swimming trunks for girls - it solves a multitude of 'problems' :-) Can't wait to see you in a month...