Thursday 4 June 2009

Good Times






Lately we have been attending sporting events and on Monday Kyle took the day off work so we could go boating. Kyle actually left early in the morning to go fishing and I met him at the lake around lunchtime with the three oldest kids. The in-laws watched Beckett. I have decided that Kyle is conflicted between wanting to spend time with the family and doing the things he enjoys so now he is planning our family activities around the things HE likes to do. If they were things I wanted to do it would include shopping and expensive vacations. Regardless, we always have a fun time and we all really enjoy the sporting events but I can think of some other things I would rather be doing. The boat (aka "The Mistress") has been Kyle's dream since he was 15 and I was supportive until I have seen all the MONEY and TIME it takes. Kyle cleans and tinkers with that boat for HOURS-this is why it is called "The Mistress." I try and be a good wife-really I do but the boat should have waited until retirement or until the kids were ages 5 and up. Okay, enough complaining but it is my blog and I can say what I want. Last week we went to a baseball game. It was fun but we didn't stay the whole time because it is too hard to contain a 16 mo. old for too long. On Monday we went tubing. We really did have a great time. The kids thoroughly enjoyed themselves. I drove the boat. I was afraid but I figured since I drove on the other side of the road in England for two years that I could drive the boat. If I didn't drive the boat then Kyle wouldn't have been able to tube. Fortunately, there were VERY FEW people on the lake. Here are some photos.

7 comments:

Maddie said...

Looks like fun!!!!

Cathren12 (mom) said...

Looks like a fabulous time. We used to boat & ski a lot when we lived in the south, but since moving to Illinois (& now here in the UK) we haven't been able to do that. You are a good wife for letting the 'mistress' in & you are right, it is so hard to find things that can be done as a family. Enjoy this time; it looks like you are making awesome memories.

Mary said...

That looks like a blast! And you had good weather then, too. My husband doesn't like shopping so I would rather go without him and his pouty face anyway.

Shelly said...

The tubing looks fun! I can tell by your 2 newest posts that you are starting to get bitter though... ;)

Wendi said...

I think Kyle's pretty smart to start planning the activities around things he wants to do! Jeff just goes along and tries to wear a smile when I know there are other things he'd rather be doing. But his life pretty much revolves around me and the kids and he has few other hobbies, which I can honestly say may sound ideal, but sometimes I just wish he would take a little initiative and plan something fun for us, instead of me being the family fun planner all the time:~) Okay, enough complaining, but as you said, it's your blog and we can say what we want! He never reads this stuff anyway:~)

Kellybee said...

I had to laugh about the "mistress"! My husbands mistress is his bike...he even named her "Lucy"!
I loved the pics. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks. Take care!

Amy said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Hope we can get together very soon!