Monday 25 January 2010

Beckett's Party






I think Beckett's week long b-day extravaganza is finally over. We had a little party with just the grandparents on Sat. Beckett LOVES Blue's Clues so I was able to order him an appropriate cake. None of the party stores carry Blue's Clues decorations...I guess it is considered "vintage". That is what happens when you are the youngest of four. You get to still watch all the "old" stuff. We got Bex an art easel that took Kyle over an hour to put together. I am happy to say that Beckett loves it although I think Eden loves it more. The in-laws got Beckett a pillow pet (no picture) and a Bilibo-I had never heard of one but it is the blue bowl looking thing in the photos. You can do anything with it...you have to use your imagination. Once again, Beckett enjoys it but not quite as much as the other kids...namely, Sawyer. We keep joking with Sawyer that we are going to get him a Bilibo for his upcoming b-day but he doesn't like that idea so much. My parents got him a golf club, DVD and a paint with water book (we are going to try it today). I only spent $16 (it was 1/2 off) on the art easel. It is, by far, the cheapest I have ever been for a b-day. I was very proud of myself. But, lets face it...we have so many toys it is ridiculous. Plus, Bex barely likes to play with toys-he just likes to climb all over everything. In fact just last night he was doing somersaults all over the place for the first time and he jumped off the couch. Just when I think things are calming down with him. Kyle joked that what he lacks in speech he makes up for in physical ability.

6 comments:

Maddie said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time!! We miss you!

Amy said...

So cute! Looks like little Beckett had a fabulous birthday party! Still can't believe he is 2 already! Wow -- where in the world did the time go?!?!?!

Shelly said...

I just saw those Bilibo seats at the Gingerbread house last time i was there! Glad Bex had a good bday week. :)

Normal Mom said...

He's so cute! That art easel is great, you won't regret it. I love that cake too. Glad you had a great time celebrating your little guy.

Holli said...

Looks like a fun time!! I agree with Amy can't believe he is TWO!!!

Kellybee said...

Happy Birthday Beckett! Give that little cutie a big hug from all of us! I'm glad it was a fun day!