Thursday 21 January 2010

Some random stuff that makes me happy.





I took Beckett in for his rescheduled "2" year photos today. He was totally uncooperative and it took a lot of work to get this one good photo. He told the lady "NO" like 50 times and would barely get off my lap. In this photo he is about 6 inches from me and I was giving him a ball and then stealing it from him to make him laugh. The photographer was almost on top of me. I need to make record of this so I can remember a year from now. He is always suspicious of being left. I guess the close to 24/7 we are together isn't enough. This is a photo I took of the actual photo. The other one is one I took right before we left the house.

Some people are aware of my Zhu Zhu obsession. I don't know what it is but when something is hard to find and then easy to find I still feel like I have to fight for it and buy it when I see it. The girls (well actually me) have been waiting for the Zhu Zhu clothes to come out. When I was at Walmart shopping yesterday they had the clothes. I was excited and had to get some of the outfits. In all honesty..the girls enjoyed dressing them up. Kyle makes fun of me but I don't care.

Finally, last Friday the kids received progress reports for the 2nd trimester. This is the note that Faith's teacher wrote on the bottom of hers. She has such a loving teacher this year. Faith has told me that she tells her class all the time how wonderful they are and how much she enjoys them and being their teacher. I love that she writes these notes on their reports. Also, Sawyer was telling me that the 3rd grade watched a movie about Martin Luther King on Friday. We were in the van driving and he was relating to me what he had learned about MLK and about his assassination. He was pretty tuned in to this part and had some questions and then told me, in a very sincere way, that he would have stood in front of MLK and taken the bullet. I realize that he is only "8" and doesn't probably understand the ramifications of what that would REALLY mean. However, it did convince me that he was touched by what he had learned that day and that he has compassion. Sometimes I wonder about his level of compassion when he fights with and picks on Eden.

4 comments:

Holli said...

Love the two year old pics and can't believe how old he is getting. I would have to go with Kyle on you getting excited about the Zhu Zhu clothes:)!
But Sawyers comment - bless. Such a sweet heart and SO PROUD of him!!!

Amy said...

Such precious children. You definitely have a ton to be happy about. Hope to see you soon...

Shelly said...

I don't think i saw a progress report for Grayson!? weird. I'll have to ask Jeff about it.
Love the Zhu Zhu clothes! too cute. :)

Corrina Dea said...

I feel your pain on the picture taking...Addison was so difficult for two photo shoots we had, I have given up on getting professional pictures taken at that age...just try to snap some at home and hope they turn out okay.