Tuesday 11 May 2010

Crazy, busy weekend!






We had a very busy and fun weekend. Friday night started with Faith's first performance in "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat." She also had two performances on Sat. and one on Sunday. Faith was one of around 40 kids in the children's choir. When they first started rehearsing a few months ago, she was bored. However, by the last month she LOVED it. It was a really great experience for her and I think she thought she was pretty special doing musical rehearsals with high school students. Kyle and Sawyer went the opening night. We decided to not go together so that we wouldn't have to deal with Beckett. All before noon on Sat., Faith had to take a math placement test for jr. high, Eden had a birthday party (a mani-pedi party) and Sawyer had his first eye therapy appt. (it went really well). Both sets of parents arrived and we went to see Faith in "Joseph". I couldn't believe how good it was. We all loved it. Since I grew up in a small town, I am not used to the resources that large schools have to put on a great production of any sort. There were a lot of talented kids in it and it was FUN! Between the afternoon performance and the evening performance we all went out to eat for Mother's Day. I ate Prime Rib and it was GOOD! I raced Faith back to the H.S. while Kyle, Sawyer, Eden and my dad went to a football game. Mom, Bex and I just hung out.

Sunday was Mother's Day. I love this day. It is always a great day. The kids try their best to listen, obey and get along. It is hard for them but I can tell they really want to. I got a balloon, flowers, lounge chairs for outside and the cute things they made in school which always put me on the verge of tears. They are always so pleased with their presentations! Faith wrote me a poem and framed it at school-she knows me so well! Eden gave me the flower pot with her finger prints as the petals and Sawyer very carelessly glued the poem on a piece of paper and drew the picture of he and I (oh, boys!!) :) They made me coupon books and also helped Kyle bake me a cake. Kyle works extra hard on Mother's Day to make sure it is a great day for me. This day was also Faith's final performance. I think it was a little bit of a let down. I thought she would be sick of by Sunday but she wasn't. I was a bad mother and forgot my camera but my wonderful neighbor (who's girls were in the choir as well) took lots of photos and I have them on tagged to myself on facebook if anyone wants to check them out. Here are some other photos from Mother's Day.

1 comment:

Mary said...

It sounds like you had a great mother's day. I usually do, but I suspect it snuck up on some people this year...