Tuesday 11 May 2010

Happy Anniversary and Springfield!






Monday was Kyle and I's 13th anniversary. Kyle went to work and played in a golf league and I went on a field trip with Faith! We are going to try and get a sitter for the weekend so we can celebrate. We had talked of going away for a weekend but I don't know if it will happen. It is so hard to get away when you have 4 kids all going in different directions...all the time! However, he did bring me home roses and a card last night. Needless to say, it has been an amazing 13 years!! We have built a wonderful life together and are loving every minute of it. We are blessed! I would love to get away with Kyle next year for a few days. Beckett will be 3 1/2 by then so I think it will be more doable.

Yesterday I had the pleasure of chaperoning the 5th grade field trip to Springfield. We visited Abraham Lincoln's home, the Lincoln Museum, his tomb and saw the outside of the Old Capital Building. Springfield is an hour away and we even took chartered buses. I was in charge of 5 girls and they were wonderful, well-behaved, fun girls. I was so happy to be able to spend this time with Faith and her friends! Her teacher told me Faith was so happy when my name was drawn from the hat to be a chaperon. Only 3 parents could go and 11 wanted to go. I NEVER win anything so I was surprised and happy I got picked! If you haven't been to see these things in Springfield, you should go...very interesting and fun. There are four 5th grade classes and Faith's class and one other stuck together for the trip. Here are some super cute photos of some great kids! I took about 50 and it was hard to narrow it down to a few!

2 comments:

Mary said...

We love Springfield, too! We missed you, though!

Kellybee said...

I love field trips! You guys are so lucky to live so close to Springfield! I would love to take my kids there someday!