Monday 17 May 2010

England Friends





Although most of my "England Friends" are now back in the U.S., I still call them my England friends...cause that is where we bonded. "CAT Wife Friends" would also work but sounds less personal, I think. It is no secret that I didn't especially like living in England, but meeting and knowing these ladies made it worth it! I used to think Kyle was the only husband in the world that worked a million hours a week and travelled across the world. Once I met these ladies in England, I learned that other husbands did too...some even more than Kyle.

Holli is one of just a couple of "England friends" left in England from my time there. Her family has been back visiting due to the addition/adoption of their twin girls, Stella and Simone, from Ethiopia. I wish I had better pictures of them...cause they are gorgeous...just trust me. I was able to meet the girls at an open house and then six of us got together on Sat. night to catch up. It was very fun! Although I miss very little from living in England...I do miss our get- togethers, book club, eating out and sharing out kids' birthdays. It was a special experience...one I will never forget. Living in England was much more laid back than American life. There wasn't the feeling that your kids had to be in ten million activities and in ten places at one time. I hated and loved this all at the same time. My "England Friends", that have returned, and I only get together every month or two...much, much less than we did in England...we need to work on that. We returned to former friends, family members and "life" that is just so much busier. I will be emailing you all soon to get together! Here are some photos of our time together! Love you all!

4 comments:

The Shoes said...

Love you all!! Had so much fun on Sat night and remembering how much you all make me laugh! I really do miss just hanging out at Holli's all day and being together. Can't wait for the next time!

Holli said...

I LOVE YOU ALL TOO!!! My only complaint is you are still not here!!! And I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW YOU CAN'T LOVE THE UK!!!!!
Miss you all! Love you all!!! Some day we will be the IL Friends! (maybe- hehe!)

Amy said...

Love you all, too! Makes me tear up thinking about all of the fun we had in England (I know, I can be such an emotional trainwreck!). Had a blast on Saturday and miss our get-togethers so much. Definitely need to work on getting together MUCH more often.

Corrina Dea said...

You all look so wonderful and it doesn't like that long ago that we were all here and now you are there and soon we'll all be there again. It will be great to get together again!!!