Friday 16 May 2008

MOVERS!



As I had said in an earlier blog, we had our air freight packed up on Mon. and now they are starting to pack the house today. They are just doing the loft today. We have a converted loft in our house here. It consists of two rooms. One we have used as a play room and the other has been Kyle's "man room". There are little doors along all the walls that have room for storage which have been packed with all our "stuff" we shouldn't have brought over here. Last night, Kyle went through and pulled everything out of them for the movers today. It looks like a bomb went off up there. As I type, the movers are working away, constantly going up and down two flights of stairs. One guys has to be close to 70 and I am so impressed by the great shape he is in. I huff and puff going up one flight of stairs. They have been very nice but were wondering if our container coming over was full and I told them that it was 7/8 full. I said that we really hadn't accumulated that much stuff since we've been here and one of the guys politely said "except for a baby". Okay, Beckett probably has too much stuff. I hope everything fits because if not then we will be charged for it. Here is a picture of the moving truck I took just a couple of minutes ago. The movers won't be back until Kyle returns from the states to finish up. It will probably take them another 3 days or so. I have been doing my best to get the kids and I packed up. I finally realized that Faith and Eden won't be able to share a suitcase-too much stuff-they are girls you know. I think Sawyer and Beckett will though. We could have 12 suitcases on our flight back but I am hoping to have 1/2 of that. I am spending way too much time blogging when I should be doing other stuff.


I have also added a picture of Eden. She went on a field trip Wed. with her class to Pizza Express to learn about food hygiene and to make her own pizza. She had a wonderful time and talked about it non-stop before and after. She was nervous about trying to make her own pizza. She and I shared it for lunch yesterday and it was delicious. I am hoping to add a lot more on my blog within the next couple of days.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Okay -- so are you wanting to make me start crying AGAIN?!?!?! It seems that that is all I have done these past few weeks. While the past year has really flown by, it seems that the past month has gone by even faster as none of us want you to leave us. ;o( (I have to admit the polite comment that one of the movers made about coming over with 5 and leaving with 6 is pretty cute!) Love you all...

Holli said...

tears....

Cathren12 (mom) said...

You will be soooo missed, but I am happy for you... And isn't it amazing how quickly time flys by AND how much stuff we accumulate. Hopefully it will all fit in your new home :-) Safe travels!