Monday 19 May 2008

LAST WEEK IN THE UK!














I wanted to put some pics. on from the last week. Last Tues. I had my "going away dinner" with the other ISE (international service employee) wives at "The Black Horse". This is my favorite pub here. They gave me a Radley purse. They don't sell Radley bags in the U.S. so it is fun to have one going home. Thank you so much!! Everyone was so generous. We also went out to eat with the Howe family. They are our English friends. They started out our neighbors then moved a few miles away but still remained our friends and we have LOVED getting together with them. They have two adorable children, Jacob and Jessica, who my kids just love. Jacob was actually my first friend in England. We will miss them a ton but look forward to them visiting us in the U.S., hopefully next spring. Knowing them has definitely been a highlight of our time here. The next pic. is of Sawyer with his best buddy, Tom. Tom lives a few houses away and is sometimes like a 5th child. He has spend A LOT of time at our house. They have loved playing together. Next is a pic. of my kids in front of the "Select and Save". This is our village store that is walking distance from our house. Holli asked them the other day what they will miss the most and all three of them said "The Select and Save." They have loved taking their allowance money and buying candy, magazines and trading cards. It is a Saturday highlight for them. Lastly, here is the newest picture of our house in the U.S. under construction. That is my update for now. I have more good-byes today. I never want to move again. The good-byes are just too emotional. I have loved my friends here and will miss them so much. There definitely have been some good times! Sorry my pictures aren't in order-still not very good at all the computer stuff.
Our flight leaves tomorrow back to the states. We ask for your prayers for a safe journey.

9 comments:

carrie said...

Can't wait to have you back here! Looking forward to holding the baby and seeing the other kiddos as well! We'll pray for you as I know how difficult moving can be! See you soon! Carrie

Cathren12 (mom) said...

I pray that you have a safe journey & can feel nested once you are back in the good ole USA. But please, please have a steak for me! I'll see you again in 4 months :-) love ya girlfriend!

Jeff, Tina, Ian, and Jade Saad said...

Are you really leaving??? How can you leave???? Didn't we reel you back in with the brunch, the laughs, and even the PEDICURE!! We will miss you...who will laugh at me and make fun of me now...I know Holli....

Holli said...

So you are almost in the air going back to the states forever never to live in England again...... How do you feel? Through me a bone - ok?:)
Really missing you after you left yesterday I have a bit of a break down.....
PRAYING FOR YOU and for Beckett who doesn't like to sit.:) WHY DID you not remind me about the car seat I totally forgot!
Love the house and can't believe it is almost done - email me SOON!
LOVE YOU! and I will see you in 7 months!

Holli said...

Throw not through!:) Its early and I am didn't sleep all that well.... wonder why?:(
PS who is going to help you with your pictures, email, and this blog?:)

Anonymous said...

It had been my pleasure meeting you. Wish you and your family all the best in States.

Min

The Howes, England x said...

Safe Journey home. We will all miss you - hope we helped make your stay a little easier. Looked up at the sky today and thought of you on your long journey. We saw a plane and Jacob and Jessica wondered whether it may be you! Your house looks very grand! Very posh!! Take care. Love your English Friends xx

Anonymous said...

YAY for us! Stacey is back!!! I guess I will see you soon!

Holli said...

can you just figure out your computer already! Tell Kyle to stop thinking about his "mistriss" and help the old lady out!:) Missing you and want to see your face, your house and your kiddos:)