Sunday 17 August 2008

Beckett is 7 months and Good Times at Old Settlers










Ever since we have returned to the states time has just flown by and I feel like we have been so busy. I guess that is how life is with four kids. It is hard for me to believe that Beckett is already 7 months old. He cut his first tooth this month and is sitting up really well and playing with toys. He is saying "ba, ba" and "da, da". He has gotten a lot more hair and LOVES baby food. He loves sweet potatoes, carrots and any fruit. He is an early riser which will help me once school starts. We all just love him so much! School teachers were also posted on Friday. We are so excited that Faith and her best friend, Emma, are in the same class this year. Her teacher's name is Mrs. Johnson. Sawyer's 2nd grade teacher is Mrs. Fisher, who I have heard wonderful things about, so we are very happy and looking forward to a great school year. School supplies have been purchased and labeled.




The small town that Kyle grew up in has a small carnival and parade every year that the kids look forward to so we headed that way on Sat. Kyle usually sees a few of his old classmates and is able to catch up with them. The kids really enjoy the parade and getting candy-lots of tootsie rolls. They have a dozen or so rides with very short, or no lines that the kids are able to ride over and over again. Kyle's parents enjoy taking the kids and watching them ride the rides and play on the playground. This year Faith and Sawyer even rode a mechanical bull. It was a beautiful day! We have experienced some amazing weather this summer.




Last weekend our friends from England, Kent and Becki, were back in the states on their home leave and came our way to go out to eat. We had a wonderful time with them! Becki brought each of the kids a Webkinz-she is so sweet! I will try and post a picture later of us with them. I miss Becki and can't wait for her to get back for good. I am have been so lucky to see Becki and Tina this summer and will see Cathy next week. At Christmas I will get to see many of my friends I met in England. I miss you all!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Looks like you guys are having a wonderful summer -- so glad the weather is nice there (as you know, it is pretty crummy in England). ;o) And I still can't believe how Beckett is growing -- I just want to give him a great big hug. Miss you all and can't wait to see you in December...