Wednesday 20 August 2008

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!









Today was Faith and Sawyer's first day at school. They only went a 1/2 day but tomorrow is a full day. I drove them this morning so I could help Sawyer find his classroom. Faith took off immediately to line up with the other 4th graders and find her best friend, Emma. Sawyer did great and barely even looked at me once we got to his classroom. They took the bus home and I have a feeling I am really going to like the bus this year! They both really like their teachers. Of course, I was a bit nervous for them today due to all the change they have experienced in the last couple of years. Eden starts pre-school in a week. She was mad she wasn't going to school today.

5 comments:

Corrina Dea said...

Your kids are soooo cute....how did they like getting to wear "normal" clothes vs the uniforms they had been used to? Does Sawyer still have his accent? Still no baby and it's getting me so depressed so keep your happy blog entries coming so I can have something cheer me up.

Normal Mom said...

I bet in England your kids didn't have a backpack full of stuff AND two Target bags! That always cracks me up on the first day. It looks like a mini-move in day for dormitories. Shannon told me you can always spot a Kindergartener because they are the ones with nap mats and a parent.
I'm sure your kids will thrive partly because of their overseas experience. Enjoy the bus!

Holli said...

happy first day of school! Ditto to Corrina your kids are BEAUTIFUL and does he still have his accent and what are people saying about it?
Miss you! Becki said she had such a great time with you all!

Amy said...

I can't believe it is school time already. The kids are adorable. Are they adjusting well to being back in the US? Do they enjoy not having uniforms for school? Miss you and hope you are all doing well...

Anonymous said...

I have to say even though I stewed and felt somewhat guilty about sending both boys off...... it has been great. They are enjoying it and all is well. I will still be homeschooling in the future but for now..... public school rocks baby! :-) I can't believe how much stuff we stuffed those backpacks with. I can't believe our kids are this big now!