Saturday 14 February 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

I love Valentine's Day! I don't think anyone can deny that the "idea" of Valentine's Day is a good one. My kids were thrilled to hand out and receive Valentine's this year. We missed this 2 years in a row in England although they hand out Christmas cards to their classmates there. Actually, Sawyer and Eden were a bit confused by it at first but had so much fun writing them out and then going through them when they got home from school. I got to go in for Faith and Sawyer's party at school. I provided juice boxes for both class parties. That is the most I can do. At the beginning of the school year when they post the sheet for volunteers for the craft, game, food, drink etc... I will knock people over to bring the juice boxes. It is no secret that I am creatively a bit on the retarded side. I really am okay with it after 35 years of life so now I just contribute where I can. Back to the Valentines. It is like Halloween all over again. It is rarely just the simple little paper Valentine-now there is candy with every Valentine. Faith picked out a generic themed Valentine with Pixie Sticks. She read every box of Valentines very carefully in Target so that she wouldn't give any boy the "wrong idea" with the messages. Eden picked High School Musical with suckers and Sawyer handed out Superhero Valentine's with suckers. Sawyer didn't even care to pick his out-I did it. My parents came over yesterday so that I didn't have to take Eden or Bex to the school. They then stayed so that Kyle and I could go out to eat with just each other. It was very nice. I can't fail to mention the Chili Cook off/Dance at church. Good fun! So, here I sit on Valentine's Day at the computer. Faith is off at a movie with a friend, Bex is playing, Sawyer is playing X-box, Eden is making Valentine's for both her grandmas and Kyle just finished working in the basement. Kyle got me a nice gift card for the Gap, a large box of Fanny May Trinidads (my favorite) and a funny card-he always comes through even though he ran out this morning to get it all. I only got him a card but he doesn't care. It's just about those we love and care about. I have MANY people in my life that I love and care about.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I'm excited to have my kids experience the American-version of Valentine's Day as they definitely didn't get it at their schools here in England. See you soon... ;o)

Kellybee said...

Happy Valentines Day Stacey! It sounds like you guys had a good one. I had to laugh, because James was just like Faith; he didn't want to give any of the girls the wrong idea. So, he was adamant that we made these ipods that he saw in Family Fun magazine. They took us a whole evening to make. He's also going through this phase where he freaks out when he sees someone kissing! Valentines is not his cup of tea! Tell your family Hi from Dan and I! Talk to you soon!

Holli said...

Happy Val. Day!!! Miss you!!!

Maddie said...

I'm glad u guys had a grate Valentine Days. I miss you and ur family!

Mary said...

Yes, I sat in the car on Valentines afternoon while Matthew ran into the florists with Phin. At least I get flowers now that I have convinced him that they aren't just something dead.