Saturday 28 February 2009

Happy Birthday Faith and Sawyer!!




Yesterday Faith and Sawyer turned 10 and 8. It truly is hard for me to believe that 10 years ago I gave birth to my first baby. We did not find out if Faith was going to be a boy or girl beforehand. I was convinced my whole pregnancy that I was having a boy. I was SO HAPPY when it turned out to be a girl!! Since I didn't have a sister, I really felt I needed a daughter. I knew the moment they said she was a girl that I would have a lunch/shopping partner for life!! Faith is an amazing daughter. She is changing so much. In this last year she has really come out of her shell. Although still reserved, I do see her break out every once in a while-especially in the company of her friends. Sometimes I can't believe what a goofball she can be and what a great sense of humor she actually has-it has been hiding. She is very studious and a total rule follower (I pray she will always be this way). She is an amazing big sister to Beckett-like a 2nd mother and is usually pretty good with Sawyer and Eden (she tends to be pretty bossy to them). She now loves to wear t-shirts that have environmental friendly symbols on them and loves clothing, bags and accessories with the "Peace" sign on them. She is my little tree-hugger. She loves her cell phone and her friends. She got a digital camera for her b-day.

Sawyer is very much a daddy's boy and loves or tries to love everything that Kyle does. This mostly includes video games. I think he will be Kyle's boating/fishing companion this summer. He was an adorable laid back baby. He didn't walk until he was 17 1/2 months old. He was also VERY CHUNKY as a baby. He is definately my most social child (like mom). He will talk to anyone and it is very important to him to have friends (hmm that sounds familiar). He also can't keep a dime in his pocket (that sounds familiar too). He loves kickball and playing the guitar on Rockband. He also loves to sing "Eye of the Tiger" and "Wanted Dead or Alive." He is great at math but is not a fan of writing. He is an amazing big brother to Beckett. He and Eden are either BEST friends or worst enemies and constantly tolerates Faith bossing him around. He is currently in love with a girl named "Molly" in his class at school. He loves to be good when it involves a reward. Now that he is "8" he will be baptized. I will post about that later. He got Lego Indiana Jones for X-box and a big Lego Star Wars set for his b-day.

Here are some photos of the two together when they were little!! I took a photo of the photos which is why the color isn't very good. They are such amazing blessings to our lives.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday, Faith & Sawyer! Adorable pictures! I can't believe how fast time goes by. Can't wait to see you... ;o)

Kellybee said...

I love the car picture. That is adorable! I think Faith is your only child that I have met in person, and I have a picture of you holding her at Grandpa Evans' house when she was a tiny baby! 10 years goes by so fast!

Holli said...

Happy Birthday!!! Love to hear about them!!!
MISS YOU ALL!

Cathren12 (mom) said...

Happy Birthday Faith & Sawyer! You two are wonderful inside & out. Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!

Miss you guys but can't wait to see you real soon.

The Shoes said...

Happy Birthday Faith and Sawyer! Don't you miss the Activity World parites?? We do... Miss you and see you soon!

Shelly said...

I have pictures with all the same backgrounds with Grayson! :) Bring them over anytime and I'll scan them for you, Stace... It only takes a few minutes!
I can't believe it's been 10 yrs already either... how time flies...