Saturday 7 February 2009

Winter Blaaaaaaaaaaaaah's

So, this has been a VERY cold winter-cold with lots of snow!! I swore I would never complain about the weather here ever again after living in England where the perpetual spring drove me nuts. So, I am NOT complaining. Well, today it is 65 degrees-of course it is very windy but hey, I'm not complaining. Kyle had stuff he needed to get done today so the kids and I headed out for some errands. We went to Sam's Club to get a few things. We decided to eat lunch there. A hot dog and drink is $1.70 and they have those huge icees for $.50. On Saturday they always have a lot of samples and my kids love that-especially Sawyer. I think Sam's is one of Sawyer's favorite places to go-due to the samples. The kids didn't even wear coats. I put Bex in a light weight sweatshirt and it was so nice getting him in and out of his carseat. Eden thinks it is "summer" now but I had to break it to the kids that it is temporary. I am sure there is more snow and a good two months left of cold weather. Beckett is growing out of his clothes so I got him two new pairs of jeans and will be doing the long-sleeved t-shirt under short-sleeved shirts to get by. I took Bex to the Dr. on Monday for his 1 year well visit. He weighs 24 lbs. He is 65th percentile for heighth and weight. He is our thinnest baby-seriously. On Wed. he came down with a fever and nasty runny nose. He is doing better today although he is not 100% yet. He has been VERY whiney and clingy!! We all know how men are when they get sick-if this is any indication of how he will be then I feel VERY sorry for his wife someday. The other three kids are managing to stay healthy and have had a great time playing outside today. I took Bex out and the first thing he headed for was the street and then he fell in a puddle. We came inside after that. My hands will be full this summer but at least it will be a workout, which I need. Kyle is working on the basement right now. He thougt it would be done by the Super Bowl-yeah, that didn't happen so we are shooting for the end of the month-we will see.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wish I could say the same about the weather here in England -- it has been sunny the last few days but definitely cold and muddy with lots of snow attempting to melt. Ready to get back to the US... ;o)