Sunday 24 May 2009

This is what trouble looks like...




Beckett is now 16 months old and he is going to be the death of me. I am going to have a heart attack. His middle name should be "Danger." He can now pull out our very heavy kitchen chairs and climb on top of the table over tiled floors. My mom said I should put a helmet on him. As you can see by the picture this is what I have done with the chairs. Does anyone have a better idea???? It looks ugly but I don't want a broken bone or concussion. MY OTHER CHILDREN DID NOT DO THIS!!! Is it just because I am older that I find this exhausting??? Don't get me wrong-I love him dearly and he is doing A LOT of cute things right now-but the climbing-although I know is natural is driving me crazy. He also just can't get the concept of going down stairs like a toddler does. He only wants to go down them like a person whose legs are longer than 8". Fortunately his injuries have been very minimal. His face did meet concrete earlier this week at a friends house when he was trying to climb on a ride-on toy but that has been about it.

7 comments:

Normal Mom said...

We took rope and laced it through our chair backs and tied the chairs to the table. We had two climbers and it seemed to work. It was a pain, but it was better looking than trying to put my chairs on my table. Good luck! He sure is a handsome little guy though!

Maddie said...

My mom says she never had problems like that before though. He has grown so much!!!! I hope I get to see him soon!

The Queen Bee said...

no advice because they will always find something to climb on. I think when K was 18 months I found her on top of the fridge, yes, I said FRIDGE!

Amy said...

You are hilarious! He is just so precious -- but from seeing him last week, I can totally see how exhausted you have to be. Hope his little nose and forehead are okay. Love you...

Mary said...

Trouble is pretty darn cute! Yes Phin has also started dragging things (well, pushing) over to higher things so he can climb up ~ and he still isn't even walking!

Shelly said...

I found Aleigha 1/2 way up our stairs yesterday. She's never done that before...so we'll see what happens now that she knows she can do it. Thank goodness, she sits on her butt to go down when we walk down the stairs together!

Marti said...

Funny! I totally understand. Nathanael did the same thing for the first time this week. He also likes to play in the toilet if his brothers or sisters keep the door open. They sure keep us hopping.

Beckett is so cute!