Thursday 19 November 2009

Chicago








A couple of weeks ago I had the pleasure of going to Chicago with 5 lovely friends. We were gone from Fri. morning until Sun. night. That is a very long time for me to be away from my family and I was a little bit nervous. However, I REALLY enjoyed myself. Kyle did great with the kids and they had a lot of fun. We took the train to and from Chicago which is wonderful. It is so easy and everyone can just relax and talk. We stayed in a beautiful hotel and was in a great location. On Friday night we saw Blue Man Group and it was amazing. I went in not knowing at all what to expect but it was hilarious and highly entertaining. Old Navy had all their winter coats 50% off and for the weekend you could get an add'l 30% off with an Old Navy card. Needless to say, we got ourselves some coats! We have an Old Navy here in town so it was funny that we were in Chicago shopping at Old Navy. On Sat. night we went to a dueling piano bar called "Howl at the Moon." This place was a blast!! These piano players are AMAZING!! They started with two college-age looking guys in t-shirts that can play the piano like no body's business AND sing. This place had come highly recommended to me so we had to check it out. Our friend, Kira, met us in Chicago on Sat. and she went with us. Three of the girls stayed in the hotel. The four of us that went loved it. On Sunday we walked around Navy Pier, ate a little and shopped a little and then headed home. Very fun...love my friends and looking forward to the next getaway.

3 comments:

Holli said...

Woman need Women.
-Stacey Price

love weekend getaways!

Amy said...

Looks so fun! Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Wendi said...

I love the dueling piano bars! We have two of them here and they're always a lot of fun! Looks like you have a great bunch of girlfriends! You are very lucky! :~)