Sunday 1 November 2009

HAPPY HALLOWEEN 2009!!






With Eden's b-day and Halloween, I am looking forward to an uneventful week coming up! We had a very fun Halloween. It is always special to celebrate Halloween and Eden's b-day. We had trunk or treating at our church on Thurs. The kids had their school parade and party's on Fri. and then neighborhood trick or treating on Sat. We now have about 20 lbs.of candy :) I think I am actually getting sick of it. I volunteered to bring snacks for Eden's class and drinks for Sawyer's. The school was PACKED with parents and there was no flippin' place to park...plus it was pouring down flippin' rain!! I EVENTUALLY managed to get a parking spot and get Beckett and the goodies all in the school and carry an umbrella. The kids' classrooms are all in opposite directions in the school. Faith is in a portable this year (which is outside of the school building). I made it to all 3 party's and it is funny to see how almost every parent comes in for the kindergartners but in Faith's 5th grade class there were about 2 other parents. I guess the enthusiasm dwindles by 5th grade. I am happy Faith still likes me to make an appearance. Anyways, after all of that my hair looked terrible and I was sweaty :(. However, it is very fun to see 500 kids dressed up in their Halloween costumes! Halloween night was fun-Faith invited her friend, Megan, to go with us. They think they are hot stuff and wanted to "go alone". Of course, we didn't allow this but let them be across the street where we could still see them. Beckett cried when we put on his costume but was thrilled once we were outside. He was SO CUTE going door to door with his bag-he got the hang of it pretty quickly. In case you can't tell...Faith was a "hippie", Eden was "Gabriella from HSM", Sawyer was a "Wolf Ninja" and Bex was a "monkey." Faith's friends was a "candy corn witch." I really do love Halloween but we will still have candy for the next 6 months until I decide to throw the remaining out.

4 comments:

Holli said...

all of them so cute! love that faith was "on her own". if we could only slow time down!!!

Wendi said...

Way to go Super Mom!! A fabulous birthday party and half a dozen Halloween parties and you still got it all blogged before the weekend was through!! I'm so VERY impressed! You are an inspiration!! I love reading about your fun family! Thanks!

Amy said...

So cute! The costumes are adorable. Brett was the ice ninja last year in England and loved it! So glad you had a great time at Halloween and Eden's birthday party. ;o)

Kellybee said...

Cute Costumes! I hope you all had a Happy Halloween!