Thursday 19 November 2009

School Musical Programs





A week ago Faith and Sawyer had their school music programs. This year they were back-to-back which was great in some ways but meant keeping Bex occupied during both. Fortunately he did really well and it was no problem. Both grandmas came and we always love that and are grateful they live close. Obviously, Faith's program was based after "Wicked". They had to order "Wicked" t-shirts for the program. Faith is in chorus. The 4th and 5th graders do the program together. They sang several songs from "Wicked" which brought me a great amount of joy since I have seen "Wicked" on Broadway twice and it is my favorite!!! Faith is in chorus which is why her face is painted green (I wasn't so thrilled with this idea). Faith also tried out for an individual part and make it!!! She sang a duet with the girl to your left of her and then the 6 sang together. Faith LOVES chorus and music class. She can actually sing really well and I was proud of her for trying out...I would have been way too chicken at her age. She did a great job! Sawyer's program was the 2nd and 3rd graders combined. Their theme was "Hero's". They sang about Lewis and Clark, Athletes, etc.. He is so fun to watch because he really enjoys singing and was up there and knew every single word. They had to wear red, white or blue. He looked so cute-like a little man. Eden's program is in Dec. and she has to wear pajamas for hers. I don't like to be told what my kids have to wear but it always ends up looking great. I have the cutest Christmas dress for Eden that I was looking forward to her wearing but I guess I will have to accept the pajamas. The kids have an amazing music teacher-she is extremely dedicated and the kids totally obey her. The programs are never a disappointment.

4 comments:

Holli said...

love it!!!

Mary said...

That is so great that they love to sing! In a couple of years they can start coming to choir.

Amy said...

So neat! Glad they are enjoying school.

Maddie said...

I love Wicked!!