Saturday 26 December 2009

Before Christmas Happenings


Instead of a class gift exchange this year, the whole 3rd grade raised money for Toys4Tots and then got to take the money earned and go shopping for needy kids. Sawyer's class went to Kmart. Sawyer's group had $30 so they had to use their math skills and see what they could get. I think they ended up getting 6 Bionicle's. Kmart had them buy 1 get 1 half off! It was great fun!

This is Faith (at her pre-Christmas Eve sleepover) and her friends decorating cookies!

I did a lot of baking this Christmas Season...not sure why because I am not good at it and normally really don't even enjoy it. But...I got this sugar cookie recipe from my SIL and it was AWESOME! I always avoid making sugar cookies because they cause me to swear (in my mind). These were SO EASY! They were like cutting out play-dough. If anyone is interested in the recipe, I am happy to post it. You don't even have to chill them first.

2 comments:

Holli said...

love the before Christmas Happenings!!! and so impressed with the baking! miss you!

Normal Mom said...

I'm totally interested in a no chill sugar cookie recipe---pass it along!