Tuesday 1 December 2009

Thanksgiving


I have some other happenings that I need to post but Thanksgiving is still on my mind so I will start with it. First of all, I am a bad person and took ZERO photos!! All I could think about was Black Friday and not taking photos. When we returned from all the shopping I was too tired to pick up my camera or move from my seat. This was the only photo I took...my mom, sister-in-law (Amy) and I in the 2 hour long line at Target. We shopped for 12 hours and had a great time!!! This is a highlight every year. We hosted Thanksgiving here with my parents, in-laws and my brother, Tyler, and his family. They come from Texas pretty much every single year and have a blast. They have 3 girls and everyone has a great time playing, eating and making a mess. I wish I had some photos because my nieces are really cute. We all saw "New Moon" together and loved it. I actually went to the midnight showing when the movie was released with some of my girlfriends too. Loved it. I don't really care for Thanksgiving type food all that much but I love getting together. On Wed. night I took Bex to the emergency room with a very high fever that wouldn't go down with Motrin. He ended up having an ear infection. We were the only ones in the ER but it still took us 2 hours to get in and out. I have much to be thankful for this year...namely... God, Kyle's job in this suffering economy, 4 amazing, healthy kids and husband, family, friends, my kids' great school and that I get to stay at home. These don't really change from year to year but I do feel that every year I am more appreciate of these things and that I take them less for granted.

No comments: