Tuesday 1 December 2009

Tree





We dug out our tree and decorated it on Sat. afternoon. It is very fun for the kids and as they get older we realize that we don't have to do much. They just take over and do a great job. I have been wanting to get a new tree for a few years now. I bought our tree when Faith was a baby for $35 on sale after Christmas. I longingly look at the really nice pre-lit super fluffy trees but each year after Christmas when they go on sale I can't stand to think of getting one. I get burned out. The tree box is held together by lots of black electrical tape (note the photo). Kyle and I actually laughed out loud when he brought it up from the basement. I also always want to buy new decorations but again...have trouble looking at Christmas stuff once it is over. I always think..."maybe next year." Our tree is covered in the kids ornaments-probably 75% belong to them. I love all their ornaments-homemade and bought. They get to pick out an ornament every year and they remind me of what they were "into" that year. Time goes too fast. I felt like I had just taken the tree down and we are already putting it up again.

4 comments:

Holli said...

Love your Tree! Love your FAMILY!!! Miss you!

Maddie said...

I love setting up the Christmas tree!!! We are setting ours up on Sunday!!!

The Shoes said...

I have been thinking about getting a new tree this year, but just couldn't do it. Maybe we can go shopping on the 26th??!! We had our tree just about decorated and Max went behind it to hang up an ornament of mine from 1974 (which is why I wanted it in the back!)...the whole tree comes crashing down on top of me! I was not a happy mommy! We thought we would have to go get a new tree that night, but luckily only the stand broke. I have this idea of having the kids tree in the basement and a big beautiful tree in the family room. We'll see how many years go by before that happens! Glad you had fun watching the kids decorate!

Kellybee said...

I loved the pic of your tree's storage box! We also have the same tradition of letting the kids pick out a new ornament each year. They love getting them out and remembering what they were into that year...so we have quite a few star wars and Harry potter ornaments on our tree! Thanks for posting the pictures....your kids are so cute!