Monday 8 March 2010

Faith and Sawyer's Friend B-day Parties!





I think I will pretty much be caught up with my blogging after this. Faith and Sawyer both had their friend parties this weekend. The kids really look forward to their parties and I have to admit that I do too. I know a lot of parents aren't that into giving their kids a party every year but we like the torture (well, I do). I just feel that they each get overlooked in certain areas of their lives more than I would like them too. I always wish I had more time for each one individually. So, I feel I can make it up to them a bit by giving them a party of their choice ONE time a year-make it THEIR day. My guilt works to their advantage. I am also not a huge "play date" mom so this is a great time to get their friends together.

Sawyer chose to do a hockey party. We have a "minor league" (not sure if that is what you call it) ice hockey team here in town and the games are very fun. I thought this was a great choice. The place actually did have a party package that included 10 tickets, a cookie cake (which wasn't very tasty), his name up on the scoreboard and a puck. We had the parents drop the boys off at our house (8 total including Sawyer) and we took them to the game. We sugared them up and they had a great time and were actually pretty good overall. A couple of the boys were pretty wild. The worst part was getting into the building in an orderly fashion and back into the cars after the game was over. Sawyer got a lot of great gifts, mostly Lego's, a Nerf gun and some cash. He was really happy with his gifts. I have learned that all 9 year old boys talk about are penises and chopping heads off.

Faith chose a gymnastics party this year. I REALLY like all of Faith's friends. They are sweet girls with great families. They are very silly together and have a lot of fun. They got to do an hour of gymnastics and then a 1/2 hour for cake and gifts. Unfortunately, one of Faith's guests injured herself jumping off of one of the in ground trampolines. She ended up getting a hairline fracture in her foot and has to wear a boot and use crutches for a couple weeks. We all felt so bad. Hopefully she will heal quickly! Faith got a lot of great gifts too. She got clothes, flip-flops, bags, a flat iron and some gift cards. She was thrilled. We are done with parties until October!!!

4 comments:

Holli said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SAWYER AND FAITH! Miss your Activity World parties!

Shelly said...

Thanks for taking the boys to the hockey game.. and I know Grayson was one of the Wild Ones! You don't have to hide it. :)

Betsy said...

I am so glad to know that I am not the only mom who shies away from "play dates". Congrats to Faith for getting into Joseph. My daughter Lauren (age 11) has been in several productions at a local theatre. She sings more than she breathes "). And seriously, I have twin boys aged 6 who are already obsessed with their penises. Crazy!! You have a beautiful family!

Kellybee said...

Happy Birthday Faith and Sawyer! Looks like you had a fun day!