Wednesday 10 March 2010

Random


I have been a blogging fool these last few days! These are just some random things about the kids recently that I want to remember.

Faith-Faith was nominated by her chorus teacher to be a part of the children's choir for one of the local high school's spring musical, "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat." We are all very excited about this except for the practices every Tues. and Thurs. night until May. Faith LOVES chorus!

Sawyer-Sawyer participated in his first ever chess tournament on Sat. They have chess tournaments throughout chess season but I didn't think he was ready since this is his first year playing. However, he told me wanted to do one so we signed him up for our school's invitational and final tournament. These are all day events that parents have to be at but can't watch. They lock you in a classroom to wait. Kyle opted to take him instead of taking the girls and Bex shopping. We knew Sawyer would play 5 matches and we warned him that he might not win any at all, that it was his first year and that a lot of kids had been playing since kindergarten. He told me he would probably get creamed but would wait until he got home to cry. So, he ended up winning 2 of the matches-THANK GOODNESS!!! I just didn't want him to be discouraged for next year. I guess his 1st match was really close but he lost, the 2nd he got creamed and was close to tears...at this point I wanted Kyle to pull him out-haha. He won his 3rd and 5th matches. We were really proud of him for giving it a shot. He ended up really enjoying himself. I think he will do more next season.

Eden-not much about Eden. She is healing up very nicely from her incident last week. All of her sass has definitely returned.

Bex-My pediatrician recommended that I have Beckett's speech tested at his 2 year well visit. He only has 15-20 words and virtually no two words together...only "choo-choo", MiMi (mommy) and Coo-Coo's (Blue's Clues). Easter Seals did two home visits to evaluate him and he didn't qualify. They want to see a 30% delay for treatment and they figured him to be a 20% delay. That was good news. He also started Kindermusik a few weeks ago and is really enjoying that! My most exciting news is that a friend told me about a pre-school that just started a 2 year old program. I was on the phone ASAP after she told me and got the paperwork and check sent in very quickly! He will start in the fall and go 2 mornings a week for just 2 hours. They asked me if I wanted to come and observe a class and I was like "um...no that's okay." LOL It actually is a pretty well-known pre-school and came highly recommended from a good friend. I would barely send Faith to pre-school or kindergarten and here I am ready to send Beckett at 2. I am getting old. Actually, besides me being selfish, it will be good for him. He really needs socialization and it will be great for his speech to be around kids his age that can speak. He will be over 2 1/2 when he starts. I am also looking forward to finally being able to help out at the elementary school in Eden and Sawyer's classes this fall!

I posted this random picture as well. Every single morning Faith has Instant Breakfast and she ALWAYS leaves me this smiley face she creates from some of the remaining liquid and a straw. If she ever didn't do it I would worry. It got on my nerves at first but now I am thankful that she feels happy enough to leave it.

4 comments:

The Queen Bee said...

That's sweet, you'll miss it when it's gone!

Amy said...

Lots going on in your family, too. No wonder we can't ever find time to get together for dinner. ;o) Hopefully soon. Very glad all of the kids are doing well. Miss you...

Shelly said...

I couldn't figure out what the picture was when i saw it! Now i can see it's your sink. :)

Ooooohhhhh that darn chess tournament..... what an ordeal for a parent. Grayson wants to do it again next year too. ugh.

Holli said...

love the smiley face - too funny!!
love your kids!
and I never thought I would send my kids to preschool but I think it is the best for us and them!! They get to learn a lot about social and get to play with things that are only for OUTSIDE at my house!:)
MISS YOU!