Thursday 19 August 2010

Summer Activities






I am way behind...I am always way behind. A month of our summer was occupied with family but the kids also kept pretty busy this summer with sports and camps. Sawyer participated in a week long soccer camp with his friend, Grayson, (of which I have no photos of...bad mom). However, my good friend Shelly has some and has them on her blog for myself to look at. Hey Shell...can you make me some copies??? The camp was 1/2 the day for a week. It was super hot out but he enjoyed every minute of it. He also did a week long (all day) chess camp. It was from 9-3. He also loved every minute of it. Again...no pics. Parents weren't invited. It was a drop off, pick up thing. It took place at a Baptist church where they also included a religious message in their break time. Can't go wrong there!

The girls both participated in softball this summer. I LOVE softball. I could watch it all day....well maybe not Eden's age group but definitely Faith's! This was Eden's first year and it went well. She improved a lot. It is coach pitched and through the parks and rec. She told me one day that she didn't like it because she doesn't like "the ball or sweating." Eden had a very nice coach. I think he was a college student and handled a dozen 5-6 year old girls very well. Faith, on the other hand loves softball! She was on an awesome team this year. She was on a losing team last year so this was a nice change for her (and me)! She had the nicest coaches as well! They consisted of a couple of dads and a grandpa. Faith improved in every area this year and can hit the ball really well. She even hit three or four doubles. She went through a batting slump toward the end of the season but was back hitting again by the tournament. They came in 3rd place in the tournament. I honestly thought they would come in 1st but it wasn't to be. It amazes me how well 10 and 11 year old girls can play softball. We are already looking forward to next year and Faith is planning on working hard to improve her skills even more. Faith also started running Cross Country a few weeks ago for her school. She is really enjoying it and has her first meet tonight.

Here are a few photos from softball. I wish I had a really good camera. The one photo is of Faith and one of her besties, Jaclyn, who was on her team this year.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

I'll get you those soccer pics when I get back. Did i send them to you electronically yet? You could use those to put on facebook for now. :)