Tuesday 29 April 2008

Plane Tickets have been purchased!!

We are heading back home (for good) on May 20th. This is sooner than we had intended but Kyle has to be back for a one day meeting in the states. We originally thought I would be taking on all 4 kids on my own the following weekend but this is really a blessing that I won't have to do it alone. Kyle will fly back a couple of days later to England and then be back (for good) on May 31st. This means Kyle will be handling the last minute details and the movers plus getting the house cleaned and ready. I have to admit, I am happy I won't have to deal with this while trying to take care of our 4 children. The kids are off school the whole last week of May for 1/2 term break and I had feared having to keep them all entertained in an empty house, or worse, a hotel. We have been ill for the last two weeks. Faith, Sawyer and Eden have all been out of school Mon. and Tues. this week. Faith had missed two day last week with Tonsillitis and she now has the flu. Sawyer and Eden both have fevers and Eden possibly has a UTI. Beckett had a fever Fri. and Sat. and I had one Fri. to Sun. with a horrible sore throat. Kyle had both Strep and the flu within two weeks. I will be happy when we are all recovered. With all the kids home and sick, I feel like our house is a sick ward in a hospital. Unfortunately, Eden and Sawyer feel just well enough to harass each other.

We are very excited to be going home. Going home a little earlier will allow me to be a little more hands-on with the last 5-6 weeks of construction on our home, which I am very happy about. While I am excited about going back, I have to add that I will miss my friends here a ton. I am dreading saying good-bye!! I will write more about that later. It is definitely bittersweet. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends here and at home. My poor parents will have to house myself and 4 children until early July. I am actually looking forward to it but I hope we don't drive them insane. Thanks mom and dad for letting us disrupt your peace and quiet. I told them that at least it isn't permanent-for now anyways.

3 comments:

Amy said...

;o) I know you are very excited to be going back to the states--but we are all very sad to see you go. The only thing getting me through this is knowing that you are going to be in Illinois right along with the rest of us when we move back. Love you tons...

Normal Mom said...

Wow, hope you guys feel better soon! That's no fun to have the whole family sick. We are all getting very excited to have you home. Take care!

Holli said...

:(!