Wednesday 3 December 2008

SNOW!!





On Sat. night as we were driving home from my parents house Kyle casually mentioned that we were supposed to get a "dusting" of snow overnight. Well, it was more like 5 or 6 inches! Sawyer woke up early and was running from window to window making sure that there was indeed snow in the back of the house like there was in the front. Just as a reminder- we had been in England the last two winters where they barely get any, if any, snow at all. My kids were so excited! They got dressed pretty quickly and make their way outside to play in it-Kyle too. They made a fort (actually Kyle made it) and two snowmen. Sawyer spent 3 hours in it until he had to come in and get ready for church. We have a berm in our backyard that worked great for the sled.

4 comments:

Amy said...

That is ALOT of snow! I am so excited to come back to Illinois for Christmas -- but I'm not sure I'm ready for the snow and really cold temps. Cute pics -- and, oh my, I really miss the Jet Puffed marshmallows. ;o)

Holli said...

yep just made me want to live here 3 or more years! do NOT miss the weather!

Marti said...

Oh, we so miss the snow! The weather for today said heavy snow. It hasn't snowed a lick all day. Looks like they had a ball.

Cathren12 (mom) said...

I so miss the days of playing in the snow. I want to come over & play...