Wednesday 3 December 2008

Thanksgiving





I have a lot of photos I want to put on from the last week. I will start with Thanksgiving. I barely took any photos of Thanksgiving-WHAT WAS I THINKING!! Anyways, we hosted this year which was wonderful! The main reason we put in double ovens was for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Tyler and his family came up from Texas. Their girls are 9 and 6 so they love playing with Faith and Eden. They had a new baby, Teagan in Sept. so we were all so excited to meet her. My parents and mother-in-law were also here. My father-in-law went to Florida to spend time with his parents. I was only responsible for the turkey and the rolls. I bought the rolls at Wal-mart but I did bake the turkey - I even reached inside of it to get the giblets and neck out -YUCK! That is just not my thing. The highlight was the shopping on black Friday!! I have missed that for the last two years in England. My mom, sis-in-law and I were up at 4 am to go and get some great deals. I won't say what we bought because Faith and Kalista both read my blog. We had a wonderful time together and stayed out until 4 pm. We even took Teagan and Bex with us. LOVED IT!!!! Can't wait for next year!!! I did buy myself a purse that I LOVE that was regularly $108 and I got it for $25. The picture of Sawyer is of him during his Thanksgiving program at school. It was just his 2nd grade class and he did a great job. I can't end this post without saying how THANKFUL I am for ALL I have been blessed with. I have so much!!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Glad to hear you had a nice Thanksgiving. And I'm proud of you pulling the stuff out of the turkey -- I, too, have done that once ... and one time is definitely enough for me! I so missed shopping with my mom on Black Friday -- but I'm looking forward to shopping on Dec. 26! Can't wait to see your bargain purse. ;o)

The Shoes said...

I feel the same way about the turkey. I didn't even know what I was pulling out! Disgusting! Hopefully we are back soon so my mom can do that for me again. I could have figured you would be out there at the crack of dawn for the shopping. My mom and I would have been there too! I just can't get into the shopping without the major sales! Miss you!

Mary said...

Kyle looks well-fed!