Wednesday 17 December 2008

Some Random Thoughts and Photos










I have a busy week this week. In fact, I am skipping the gym this whole week so I can get some things accomplished like cleaning the house, wrapping gifts, etc.. On Friday night I am having some friends over for a little gift exchange (this spurred my cleaning frenzy). Faith and Sawyer both have class parties tomorrow and I need to get teacher gifts ready plus bus driver gifts, primary (church) teacher gifts. I also want to get a few of our neighbors a little something since they were so helpful to us when we moved in. Kyle will have almost 2 weeks of work off which we look forward to every year. He works such long hours the rest of the year that we get so excited to have him home with us!!! My parents came over Monday and added a tile back splash in my kitchen. I LOVE IT!! It looks great. My dad worked so hard on cutting all the tile and putting it up. My mom and Kyle did most of the grouting. What did I do??? Not much-not my thing-I wiped it down some the next day. THANKS DAD!! Mom also watched the kids while I had my hair done (my roots were looking pretty bad). My mom also helped with picking out the tile and strongly encouraging me to add the trim piece in the middle-THANKS MOM! So I have posted some before and after pics. of the kitchen-the "afters" come before the "befores"-sorry. I also have some of Eden from her pre-school Christmas program. She is attending a Methodist pre-school this year so they did actually sing about Jesus. Also, in case you wonder how I get anything done during the day with a now 11 month old-it is because I put him in this backpack-which he LOVES. I think he would sit in there all day! I vacuum, make dinner, wrap gifts-you name it-with him in there. I thought I better blog about the backpack because I will forget someday. I also added some of Bex-he turned 11 mo. on Monday. I will be crying when he turns "one". Within the next couple of weeks I will be seeing some of my friends who are back visiting from England as well as some old high school friends-can't wait!!

7 comments:

corn fed girl said...

Can't wait to part-AAAAAA!!! I got my strech pants & my Zantac ready. We are going to trash your house! Woooo-Hoooooo!

But, but...what about the ice storm? What will we do if we can't get to your house? Oh, great...how will I survive w/o the party? ICE STORM!!!!!! NOOOOOOOO!!! Must not PANIC!!!!!

Kalista Hill said...

The backsplash looks great! Your mom was right to talk you into the accent tile. LOVE IT!

Mary said...

I never have plans, but M has a work related shin-dig the same evening. I want to do both... (pondering how I can do everything on one night, when I never have anything to do any other night). Love all of the pics -- Cute kids, great backsplash!

The Shoes said...

Wish I could be there with the England girls! Have a great time catching up.

Holli said...

love the back splash and backpack!!!:)
Can't wait to see you!!!!

Wendi said...

That's so funny about the backpack carrier... I scrapped an entire page in my family album about how Will LIVED in that thing everyday when he was a baby! I have a ton of picks with him in it and me doing everything from laundry and cooking dinner, to hiking and vacuuming! I felt just like a Native American with my baby in a papoose! I never complained though because I just loved holding him yet I needed to get things done, so it was a "killing two birds with one stone" sort of thing... So funny that you do the same thing!

Also, your backsplash looks amazing! Jeff did one in our kitchen this year and I can't believe how much warmer the whole kitchen feels now.

Have a great week!

Shelly said...

i Love the backsplash, Stace! See you next week!! :)