Monday 9 March 2009

Field Trip




Today, Eden's pre-school class took a field trip to a nature center. We learned how maple syrup is made. In the one photo (I took while driving) you can see the buckets attached to the trees. The syrup actually looks like water when it comes out of the tree. We got to see where they boil it plus have a taste. You could also buy some for about $10 a pint. I passed. I will just keep buying the Great Value Syrup at Wal-mart with all the additives for $1.67. They also had a building with some snakes, turtles and animal pelts for kids to look at. I took Beckett and he resided-most of the time-in his backpack. We had a fun time.

2 comments:

Maddie said...

FUN!! I wish I could of been there.

Mary said...

We have never made it out there when they are doing syrup. You really should buy the good stuff! It tastes so much better and I was reading about how it is actually good for you -- especially local stuff can help you fight off local germs -- crazy!