Sunday 24 May 2009

Faith





I haven't blogged much about Faith lately. It seems like most of my blogs focus on Eden and Beckett since they are home with me. Faith has had a lot going on lately. She started softball a few weeks ago and is loving it. She played for two summers before we moved to England so we were anxious to get her back in it this summer. This year she is in a league where the girls pitch instead of the coaches-should be interesting. Her fist game is this week so we will see how it goes. Faith also performed in a piano guild. She memorized 4 pieces and performed them in front of a judge. We will find out how she did this week although it doesn't really matter. I was proud of her for just memorizing and practicing them so much. I must say though that she was VERY nervous. We had to go to our local university for her to play. Faith is also starting phase 1 of orthodontic care. I never knew there was more than once phase but I guess there is and it is going to cost us a fortune. She has to start out with an expander, then a retainer and then in a year or 2 the actual braces. Of course we want her to have a beautiful smile so we will do whatever they tell us to. We went in last week to have the expander put in but she didn't do so well so we have to go back this Fri. Faith has very sensitive teeth so dental work is hard on her. I bought her some Sensodyne toothpaste and am going to give her a big dose of some sort of medicine before her next appt. Wish us luck. I also took her to lunch that day-just she and I to Chili's. In the photo she is REALLY enjoying her corn on the cob. I swear she ate off every kernel. Faith is a wonderful daughter. She is a very determined person who tries her very best at everything and is a total rule follower. We are praying she stays this way.

4 comments:

Maddie said...

I agree. Faith is a wonderful person. She reminds me of me sometimes. I hope she stays the way she is now too.

Amy said...

Looks like Faith is keeping very busy. She is a beautiful little girl...

Shelly said...

I would love to know what it's like to have a "rule following" child. ;)

AndieF said...

Faith is beautiful. I can hardly believe she is 10. Of course, that means my daughter will be 10 soon! Oh no!