Monday 4 May 2009

Stuff








It's been awhile. It seems we have had a lot going on although nothing super out of the ordinary. I finished the Twilight series, had food poisoning, Bex had a double ear infection and lots of end-of-the-school-year stuff. I wanted to post some photos of our beautiful new play set that Kyle and his dad put together. It is great and the kids love it. Beckett LOVES to swing and he isn't even interested in running around outside-he just goes straight to the swing. Eden got blisters on her hands from swinging so much that she now wears gloves. Kyle opened our grill last week and found this HUGE birds nest with several eggs in it. We have decided to let it stay in there. We feel too guilty to move it. Hopefully at some point this summer we will be able to use the grill. I guess we were a little late on the purchase of the grill cover. Sawyer's class at school did a restaurant. He was a greeter and did a great job. He had about 4 lines to memorize and was quite the gentleman. All the kids in his class had a different job. I took Eden to see a stage production/musical of "Pinkalicious" today with her pre-school class. It was very enjoyable. I don't get a lot of one-on-one time with the kids so I try to take any chance I get. I register Eden for Kindergarten on Thurs. and she and Sawyer both have Mother's Day programs at school at the end of the week. I took Eden and Bex to The Children's Museum last week with Tina and Amy and their kids. A lot going on. Oh yeah, Faith also started softball this week. My biggest news is that I am going to have a babysitter this summer for a few hours once a week. This is so (if it isn't obvious) I can get out of the house by myself!!! It will be handy for grocery shopping, hair appts., even appts. for the kids. My friend Shelly, is having a sitter for her son full-time this summer and was kind enough to share her with me for a few hours each week. Thanks, Shell!!

7 comments:

Holli said...

Wow you have been BUSY!!! But seems like a lot of fun!
LOVE YOU! Miss you!!!

The Queen Bee said...

That is a huge nest. I'm afraid that Chris loves BBQ more than he loves baby birds so they would have been tossed. Thank goodness that mama bird chose your house instead of mine.

Cathren12 (mom) said...

Oh My Goodness - I LOVE looking at your pictures & reading your blog. You all look so happy & relaxed.

Shelly said...

Great post! I didn't know you had food poisoning. When did that happen?!
I heard great things about Pinkilicious from moms here at work too.
I'm glad the babysitting thing works out this summer. Grayson will love going to your house once a week!! He'll have to take Sawyer swimming too this summer.

Amy said...

Busy, busy, busy -- and summer isn't even here yet! Had a great time last week and can't wait to see you again hopefully next week. ;o)

Mary said...

Your playset looks great! And that birds nest? Wow. Those eggs are so pretty. They will hatch in no time and you can get to grilling! Your kids are adorable!

Kellybee said...

Danny suggests that you should turn the grill on and you could have omelettes....Isn't he compassionate?
Great pictures!