Thursday 7 May 2009

Special Day







This morning I registered Eden for kindergarten. When she goes to school this fall I will be losing my lunch companion and my shopping partner in crime. She is thrilled to start kindergarten. Maybe she is sick of me-who knows-but I will miss her so much. I was on the verge of tears during her registration today.

The reason this day was so special was because Sawyer's class at school had their Mother's Day program. His class recited several poems, drew pictures and Sawyer made a special book for me. The book gave reasons why he loves me (he actually said I was a good cook -NOT!!-but I am so happy he thinks so) and other nice things. I thoroughly enjoyed it all. Afterwards, I took Sawyer out of school so I could take him to lunch and out for ice cream-just he and I. I RARELY get to spend one-on-one time with Sawyer-mostly because he loves to do everything with Kyle and will always choose Kyle if he has a choice. I don't blame him. He is constantly with his mom and sisters (Bex is too young to count). I have been anticipating this day for two weeks now. It was a VERY beautiful day. Sawyer chose to eat lunch at "Meat Heads"-greasy burgers and fries and then we went to Cold Stone for ice cream. He had cotton candy flavored ice cream with cookie dough and sprinkles. Cookie dough goes with everything...right?? We even ate it outside. I don't usually like to eat outside cause it is always windy and then I am eating my hair etc..etc.. I love Sawyer so much and we had a great time.

3 comments:

Cathren12 (mom) said...

Cotton Candy & Cookie Dough are a strange competition don't you think... Don't you love Mother Day events; so glad you got to have time alone with Sawyer. He will remember this day!
Love ya girl & miss ya.

Amy said...

Absolutely precious! It is nice to be able to spend some one-on-one time with each child. I know it seems like they are always too few and far in-between. And after reading your blog, you now you have me craving Cold Stone -- haven't had that since December with you and Holli (don't think I'll have cotton candy and cookie dough, though). ;o) See you soon...

Maddie said...

Thats great that his school has a Mother's Day thing. Ours never did. I practically go to Cold Stone every week since we have it at the mall. I'm glad you and Sawyer had a good time.